Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 6, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Family in the work place
    I work in a security company. Due to some closures my grandma and grandpa work at the same site as me for the same company. I was reciently given a supervisor position on the weekends but come to find out that my pain in the butt grandmother doesn't want me being above her. So she picks out the place in the handbook that states that family cannot supervise family. She has crossed me twice now and is really starting to get on my nerves. The boss is now deliberating with a higher up to make sure that I can become her supervisor. I have been supervisor before but stepped down because I moved away and came back. In my opinion they do not have the right to tell me I have it and then take it back away from me. What does anyone suggest I do? I want my position back and I am just about willing to get this woman fired in order to do it. I don't really care that she is my grandmother. I think I may have less seniority than her but my company has bent over backwards for me several times already on top of moving three people to get me the shift I want... I wonder if I can fight this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 08:52 PM

Not really fight it, but you can explain this to your supervisor.

They have the choice to move her to another shift of course
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 6, 2010, 08:54 PM

I hope they do. I loved being supervisor and I was very good at it. This is why they pushed so hard to get me there in the first place

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Defaming at work place [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there ♫ I've been 2 1/2 years with this company and NEVER EVER had any problems. All of my reviews were great with rise. Had never participated in talking about other people behind their back, always had professional and respectful performance. I was never late, never used company's time...

Dating In the work place [ 7 Answers ]

It's my first day starting my new job.and the woman that hired me is so sexy.she got a donk.and all I want to do is get closer to her.get to know her better.try to make us really cofrontable with each other. Until the point where we start to hang,chill with each other and date. I don't want to...

Practices at Work place [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to the office culture. I have a colleague "A", who informs be if he has to go out for 30-40 minutes during Non-lunch hours.He informed me as I was the only person at my desk and he had to leave as someone was waiting for him. Last week, I had some important unexpected work for...

Work place theft [ 7 Answers ]

I am working with a clothing store and in high school, straight A student on honour roll no criminal record and have never been in trouble at school before, recently, my colleagues at work showed me how they make refunds at the till in their bank cards to get money, I was in a situation to help...

View more questions Search