Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gumbii_Tx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Blower runs continuous, Status led flashes 5 times, false flame detected
    I have a Goodman GPM075-4, the blower stays on all the time. The status led flashes 5 times, TS guide inside panel says "false flame detected", "stuck gas valve". Is there a way to bypass or verify this state?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 08:01 PM

These are safety guides telling you that something is wrong with your furnace, and they can't be bypassed and if they could be that would not be safe, granted some of the status reports do not give you the correct information that you need to repair the problen.

So you have to do some diagosing, first thing I would check for is a faulty flame sensor. About the only thing you can do here is to change it or in most cases take it out and clean it with a fine sand paper. If you can not find the sensor let me know.

Now if the burners are burning at the time that the blower is going and the burner stays on even after the thermostat quits calling for heat then you need to check the vlotage a the gas valve if you have voltage I would think that the valve is OK but to prove that I would pull one of th wires off the gas valve and see if the flame goes out, if it does that means the valve is not stuck.

If this does not solve anything let me know and I eill try to guide you to something else.

Mar 6, 2010, 08:38 PM

I have pulled the sensor out and checked it for damage, none found. It looks like a thermocouple but I cannot see any leads to check for open/closed or maybe a milli-volt signal. I have blocked in the gas to the unit and turned off the gas valve. All four of the rollout switches show to be closed (used my Fluke meter to check these).
    Thanks for helping out!

Mar 7, 2010, 08:43 AM

Sorry letmetellu, on the second part of your directions, I do not have the gas even turned in or gas valve in the "on" position. We only run the heat when it gets really cold. And that does not happen to often here in south Texas. Lol
    I will check and see if I have voltage at the gas valve and let you all know soon.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 06:42 PM

I thought this year it got cold all over Texas, I am in Lubbock and My brother lives in Houston and my Granddaughter in San Antonio and all of us had a cod winter.

Where do you live?

Mar 8, 2010, 07:10 PM

We lived down past Lake Jackson Tx. And yes it was cold here a couple of days. We just don't run the heater very often.

By the way, I tried turning in the gas and turning on the gas valve, set-up the temp and checked the gas valve for voltage but did not show any voltage. It looks like everything is run off the Texas Inst. Controller B18099-13. Will this alson start up the A/C too?

Mar 12, 2010, 02:22 PM
    letmetellu, thanks for the help. I replaced the TI controller board with a 'like-kind" controllerboard. Everything is up and running great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concord 80 plus gas furnace- Blowing cold air & LED Flashes 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new home owner and have never dealt with a newer furnace. I woke up and the furnace was blowing out cold air. The LED inside of the furnace flashes four times which says 'Limit or Rollout Switch Open' I honestly have no idea what that means and I really do not have the money for a...

My furnace fault code light flashes three times the pause and flashes three times aga [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace fault code light flashes three times the pause and flashes three times again and repeats. What is wrong?

Luxaire status light flashes 8 times [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Luxaire heating and cooling system that has been a nightmare from day one. Our model # is G2FD060H24A. Recently, we lost power (due to a storm) while the a/c was on and when the power came back on the unit runs outside but the blower does not come on. We pulled the front off and the...

No flame, Yellow LED blinking every second, blower working, How do I fix it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Furance that is one year old. Everything appears to be working fine but no flame when I turn uo the T-stat. LEd is blinking every second. Any ideas? Chris

Heater won't kick on LED flashes "2" times ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my heat kicking on after not using it for the summer , I went to the roof and trouble shooted and there is a LED light that flashes 2 times . The manual says If the Led flashes 2 times it's the end switch , if the end switch doesn't close before the ignition period ....

View more questions Search