Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherie Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2004, 09:12 AM
    Bags under eyes
    Does anyone know how to get rid of bags under you eyes in a natural way??
    fj Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2004, 12:45 AM
    Re: help
    Some people say that facial fitness helps. Especially the routine in which you narrow yor eyes, as if you are looking in the sun.
    If your bags look smaller when you strain these muscles, this practice may be beneficial to you.
    Train the muscles a couple of times a day in several reps, like you would do with other muscles. For example while watching t.v.
    I can't guarantee anything, but it is cheap and may be worth the effort. If no result is visible in 2-3 months, it is probably not going to work for you at all and you must look further.
    If your bags are worse in the morning, try to avoid salt and sleep with your upper body a little higher.
    ten04sweet Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2005, 09:53 AM
    Hi,
    Although I've never tried it; (could never come across cheese cloth);
    I've heard that grated potatoes can help lighted dark circles/bags.

Just run one potato spud through your food processor and stuff the raw mash into a piece of cheesecloth. Apply to the area directly beneath your eye, (Try your best to not get it into your eye!) and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. And once you're done, just wipe away any juicy residue.

Hope it works.
    ab-solute Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2005, 08:58 PM
    Mine got better with weight loss, drinking lots of water. Prep h helps to shrink the area... sounds funny I know. And, I use Airbrush from www.new-raves.com that was seen on oprah. It helps the swelling go down in 7 minutes.
    Jessica_Spencer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 05:55 AM
    A treatment!
    At the beginning, when I was working as a secretary (about 4-5 years ago), I had to be at the office very early and I had some big eyebags. I started using Eco Vital and it gave some impressive results. Here's a description:
    http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductLineD...spx?Category=3

Best regards,
    Jess.

Dec 6, 2005, 07:33 PM
    Never heard of eco vital.

Everyone on this other message board are swearing by the step two at www.nikkelskincare.com
    Jessica_Spencer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 11:48 PM
    Never heard of eco vital...
    Hi again! You never heard of it because it's made in Romania, in the Eastern Europe. But the results, for me at least, were pretty impressive. Maybe you should give it a try!
    The product name is "Super Active Anti-aging Gel G". A brief description, along with its composition is available at http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductLineD...spx?Category=3, if you scroll down a little bit.
    Another tip: it's 100% natural!

Best regards,
    Jess.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 7, 2005, 12:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ten04sweet
    Hi,
    Although I've never tried it; (could never come across cheese cloth);
    I've heard that grated potatoes can help lighted dark circles/bags.

Just run one potato spud through your food processor and stuff the raw mash into a piece of cheesecloth. Apply to the area directly beneath your eye, (Try your best to not get it into your eye!) and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. And once you're done, just wipe away any juicy residue.

Hope it works.
    This sounds as if the 'potatoe starch' is the active ingredient in this, as that's what raw potatoes extract is. Hmmm, could well be a key factor here.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 7, 2005, 12:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ab-solute
    Mine got better with weight loss, drinking lots of water. Prep h helps to shrink the area...sounds funny I know. And, I use Airbrush from www.new-raves.com that was seen on oprah. It helps the swelling go down in 7 minutes.
    Preparation H is not funny, as models use this after an all-nighter to reduce swelling of their eyes, and it has been proven. Another good product to use is Lipton Teabags. I don't know what makes this tea special, but I heard that warm bags worked, tried it and they did work also. My problem was too bad for just natural treatment so I finally had the bags cut, they were family related and both upper and lower, so only surgery helped. But now, when they swell, I do use Prep H and Lipton tea, and the surgeon also agreed with me, so I guess I did something right. Hope this idea helps you a little...

Good luck and Happy Holidays!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 7, 2005, 04:51 PM
    Dark circles are often caused due to sleeplessness or disturbed sleep. If you find yourself developing dark circles, you need to first catch up on your sleep. Genetics too could predispose you to developing dark circles.

Fading creams are very unlikely to make any difference on dark circles. Bleaching treatment may work on areas with hyper-pigmentation, that is area where the skin's melanin cells are more concentrated than the surrounding areas, it doesn't seem to work on skin that's naturally of dark complexion, which can be dark circles. The best way to get rid of dark circles is to use a concealer. Also, staying fit and healthy is the solution to keeping those dark circles at bay.

Yes, Preparation-H keeps puffiness and swelling down. A good friend of mine had asked me to model in her fashion show, however, I was out the night before the fashion show and I didn't get enough sleep. So, one of the other models applied some Preperation-H under my eyes, within a few minutes the puffiness was gone. It works like a charm. Thin cucumber slices and potato slices will also remove puffiness below the eyes.

Dec 8, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettynPetite1
    Dark circles are often caused due to sleeplessness or disturbed sleep. If you find yourself developing dark circles, you need to first catch up on your sleep. Genetics too could predispose you to developing dark circles.

Fading creams are very unlikely to make any difference on dark circles. Bleaching treatment may work on areas with hyper-pigmentation, that is area where the skin's melanin cells are more concentrated than the surrounding areas, it doesn't seem to work on skin that's naturally of dark complexion, which can be dark circles. The best way to get rid of dark circles is to use a concealer. Also, staying fit and healthy is the solution to keeping those dark circles at bay.

Yes, Preparation-H keeps puffiness and swelling down. A good friend of mine had asked me to model in her fashion show, however, I was out the night before the fashion show and I didn't get enough sleep. So, one of the other models applied some Preperation-H under my eyes, within a few minutes the puffiness was gone. It works like a charm. Thin cucumber slices and potatoe slices will also remove puffiness below the eyes.
    Airbrush as seen on oprah www.new-raves.com and nikkelskincare.com are excellent eye creams. The airbrush helps the swelling and has pure emu oil in it which is supposed to be the most deep moisturizer. The Nikkel skincare has botanicals that people are also raving about on other boards.
    -

Dec 8, 2005, 08:10 PM
    Ab-solute, you've posted these websites over and over. If your endorsing the products you should advertise it on a skin care board that's related to moisturizers. I'm happy for you that you've seen results from these products. But what worked for you may not work for everyone. The under eye area skin is very delicate. Eye Creams can cause redness and skin irritations. These remedies should not be attempted without consulting a physician. Good luck endorsing the products, I'm sure you will find people to buy them.
    Pacific2030 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Help For Bags Under Eyes & All Over
    Age & life hits guys too & I found a great product from Canada, which works. You will read there and can also order the original Prep H, which the USFDA in the 70's made the same ingredients that are still in the Canadian version obsolete.
    I've been using it for 2 years now and the "cream" version is specifiacally made to tailor to any skin types. I use it all over and it softens out lines, smooths over everywhere and for me that works. The main activity in this Canadian PrepH that differs from the US made ones is Yeast as a live cell derivitve & Bio-Dyne:Skin Respiratory Factor.
    Glad to share this info & here's the link http://www.prep-h.com
    Not a guarantee, but like I've said earlier it works for me, so I shared what I know. Good Luck
    babyfat Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Has anyone tried this product from www.eyecomplex.com? Its made from this company that I bought a skin lightening cream from.
    shotokan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Hello,

I have never suffered from dark circles under my eyes until very recently. I'm 35 years old, and have always had good skin, but the past 8 months or so have been very trying for my husband and I, due to health issues and stress. As a result of the latter, I began to have trouble sleeping properly, and would find myself waking up in the night for up to 2 hours at a time. I am taking antidepressants, which are helping me cope much better with life, but they haven't helped my sleep. My doctor put me on temporary sleeping tablets to get me through the next few weeks (my husband is having a heart operation in 2 weeks, which is always in the back of my mind), and although my sleep has improved with the tablets, my eyes have not. They are still dark underneath and making me feel very unhappy. If someone could reassure me that my eyes will return to how they were over time and with good sleep, I wouldn't be feeling so bad. Does anyone know if they will improve, or am I stuck with dark eyes for good now? I put special creams, potato slices and tea-bags on them, but they aren't making any diffrence. Help please! Thank you, AJ.
    -

Feb 6, 2006, 01:07 AM
    Shotokan, dark circles can occur as a result of fatigue, a developing illness, or significant weight loss. Allergy sufferers are also frequently affected. The discolorations are the result of engorged blood vessels around your eyes. Dark circles under the eyes tend to run in families or result from aging. While you can't do anything to change those factors, there are some things you can do to try to change your appearance. See that you eat healthy, drink lots of water and try to get a good night's sleep. You can also use under eye creams with vitamin K-based to help minimize the dark circles. Remember that under eye creams will not remove dark circles, they will only improve the appearance of it. The best way to get rid of dark circles is to use a concealer. Try using a creamy matte yellow-based concealer that matches your foundation. I'm sorry to hear about you and your husband's situations, I wish the two of you good health and happiness.
    labbymom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Arbonne has a great eye cream. I believe they have an anti aging and a regular one. It works for me. Here is a link.

www.kellyandcompany.myarbonne.com
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 22, 2006, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettynPetite1
    , dark circles can occur as a result of fatigue, a developing illness, or significant weight loss. Allergy sufferers are also frequently affected. The discolorations are the result of engorged blood vessels around your eyes. Dark circles under the eyes tend to run in families or result from aging. While you can't do anything to change those factors, there are some things you can do to try to change your appearance. See that you eat healthy, drink lots of water and try to get a good night's sleep. You can also use under eye creams with vitamin K-based to help minimize the dark circles. Remember that under eye creams will not remove dark circles, they will only improve the appearance of it. The best way to get rid of dark circles is to use a concealer. Try using a creamy matte yellow-based concealer that matches your foundation. I'm sorry to hear about you and your husband's situations, I wish the two of you good health and happiness.
    Shotokan, I agree with this, and also suggest Melatonin for sleep problems , and try to get away from antidepressants as soon as you can.

As we get older, the natural Melatonin produced by our bodies gets reduced, but the supplement will help and it's more natural than the pharmacueticals doctors give out when they can't help you any other way. In the world today, we all have stress in life, work, relationships, and worry about our futures. Nothing is as certain as it was a decade ago, and will probably get worse world-wide. But, if you and your husband can handle your problems through talking about them and supporting each other with or without professional help, then you will have fought part of your battle. Remember the good times and talk about them with each other, and try to find a few nice things to do together even if you don't have much money - life is crappy, but you did manage before and probably will again once you take a good look at your priorities and what attracted you to each other in the beginning.

We are here 24/7 and you can let it all out here too, and maybe we can give you some sound advice to help you along this hard road to recovery.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

OOster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Comment on PrettyLady's post
    I am going to buy some prep H now. Very professional answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eye bags [ 8 Answers ]

Hey can someone tell me how to get rid of these bags. They are like dens bags the guy on eastenders they are light bags and I don't know how to get rid of them please help. I got these bags because I started to stay up late at night for months and now even when I go to sleep early nothing happens....

Eye bags & dark circles [ 14 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. I have had bags under my eyes for as long as I can remember. They aren't puffy, not at all. They look like they giant craters. Just recently I have been getting dark circles under my eyes also. I can't stand walking around like this I feel like a zombie, does anyone know how to...

Bags and shoes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Hey want to know that what are the latest style of bags hand bags which are in almost... and shoes too are there high heel in fashion or low which are in . Thanks...

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search