Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheyenne_terrine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 12:52 AM
    What's wrong with me

I have been having emotional problems for the past 3 years, I was a several points suicidal, luckely I have overcome that part. I was in a relationship that was my first, I jusmped in too quick. I'm 20 years old and am currently 8 months pregnant with his child, after several months of emotional abuse I ended it. I have just recently gotten back in the saddel so to speak, and am with a really great guy who wants to be there for both me and my baby. He wants to be a good boyfriend and father to my son when he is born.
    The past little while we have been going through some financial problems and I have been taking it really hard. I'm no longer working due to being sick all the time, and he is working his butt off but having nothing left to show for it. I am currently on anti depressants due to my last about of emotional distress and I don't know why but they just don't seem to cut it anymore.
    I have been going through a really hard time with being extremely self conscious and judgemental towards myself. I end up apologizing for every little thing even when I don't make a mistake. I cry when I am left alone and constantly ask my boyfriend if he is either mad at me or getting annoyed with me, for no reason. I doubt my mental stability all the time, I don't know if its just the pregnancy hormones or if I am truly a manic depressive. I'd assume the later.
    :(
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2006, 01:57 AM
    Hey there :)

Look at the positive side of things. You are pregnant :) - you are strong enough to have left the men who emotionally abused you and you NOW found a really great guy.
    Keep reminding yourself of these 3 things you have achieved so far and be proud of yourself. I would be proud if I were you.

Financial problems are a part of life unfortunately and I can 100% guarantee that you are not alone. Right now my husband and I try to hard to meet ends with bills, mortgages and also study work we both do. Its been a while since we went out and enjoyed ourselves. Take things slowly, 1 thing at a time, and all will get better, I'm sure.

Just 1 thing is it wise to carry on taking your anti-depressents whilst pregnant?
    sadiesmom Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Nov 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne_terrine

i have been having emotional problems for the past 3 years, i was a several points suicidal, luckely i have overcome that part. i was in a relationship that was my first, i jusmped in too quick. i'm 20 years old and am currently 8 months pregnant with his child, after several months of emotional abuse i ended it. i have just recently gotten back in the saddel so to speak, and am with a really great guy who wants to be there for both me and my baby. he wants to be a good boyfriend and father to my son when he is born.
    the past little while we have been going through some financial problems and i have been taking it really hard. i'm no longer working due to being sick all the time, and he is working his butt off but having nothing left to show for it. i am currently on anti depressants due to my last bout of emotional distress and i dont know why but they just dont seem to cut it anymore.
    i have been going through a really hard time with being extremely self conscious and judgemental towards myself. i end up apologizing for every little thing even when i dont make a mistake. i cry when i am left alone and constantly ask my boyfriend if he is either mad at me or getting annoyed with me, for no reason. i doubt my mental stability all the time, i dont know if its just hte pregnancy hormones or if i am truely a manic depressive. i'd assume the later.
    :(
    Sweety, pregnancy can really do a number on your hormones. You are in your 8th month, so most of it is behind you. Talk to your doctor immediately about your antidepressants not working and how you have been feeling. Try and take things one day at a time and treat yourself better. Allow yourself to be human and make mistakes. Try to imagine having a friend going through what you are going through and feeling like you are feeling...Would you think she was crazy or judge her harshly when she tells you about her life? Most likely you would hug her and tell her you care about her and these things she is saying about her self are not true. You would do that because you believe the best about your friend. But it doesn't sound like you belive the best about yourself. If someone said something bad about your friend you would probably get angry and tell them not to talk about your friend like that. My point is don't receive a bad report about yourself. Don't receive the negative self talk about yourself. When something negative comes into your thoughts like...I'm crazy, bipolar, stupid, ugly, or whatever the negative thoughts may be...treat yourself at least as good as you would a friend and stop the negative thoughts right there. Say to these negative thoughts, get away! I will not listen to this crap! Then focus on something positive. This will soon become a habit. barbara
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
    I went through the same feelings when I was pregnant-I think doctors always concentrated on "post" partum depression, but it can start during the pregnancy too. Keep thinking about that gorgeous baby you are going to hold in your arms soon.
    Tell your doc everything- you should be having appointments every week or two weeks (? can't remember at 8 months). Don't let them just process you through- those appointments can get very standard so you may have to stop your OB and say "Help!". Once you have the baby your life gets completely absorbed by the bundle of joy, and you won't likely take time to get help for yourself. Do it now while you are able.
    You have the rest of your life to worry about money, and you will, so take care of yourself right now.
    Congratulations on the baby!
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 1, 2006, 08:42 PM
    One more thing- there is WIC and other types of help for you if you look around on the web and in your community. That can really help you out financially. See how many people can give you a shower. Ask someone to head it up if no one has voluteered. You could get one from your friends, one from family, etc. Everyone does it for each other so don't be afraid to ask! You'll be giving or attending showers for someone else sometime. It's the "pay it forward" kind of thing..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

I was supposed to start my period on the 3rd and I did, but I bled that day and then I didn't bleed at all the next day, then on the 5th I bled and the sixth I didn't bleed.. I don't know why my period is being like this, a couple days before I started my period I had sex.. so I don't know if this...

What's wrong with me? [ 7 Answers ]

So I have been having sex for a while now I'm 21 and the only time I ever ad an orgasm was when I gave it to myself? I have never had an orgasm while having sex or even receiving oral sex... sum1 help me!!

What's wrong with me? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple different symptoms that have been going on for a few weeks and I am trying to see if anyone can relate to these problems. All right, I have been really tired for the last 3 weeks, even when I sleep well at night I am still tired. Every time after I eat or drink something with...

What's wrong with me, someone help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, lets see, I'm sixteen and in a relationship, have been for three months now. I believe him when he tells me he loves me, and for the first time in any relationship I don't have to ask myself if I love him, because I know the answer is yes. But I always have seconds thoughts in the back of my...

What's Wrong With Me? [ 26 Answers ]

The Past Two Years Have Been A Major Rollercoaster For Me... Between Bad Relationships An Family Problems All Of It Has Really Affected Me Emotionally And Is Really Starting To Take Its Toll On My Life... ive Lost All My Friends Because Of My Bad Traits An Insane Ways Of Self Harm. Which Is How I...

View more questions Search