Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pawan7061 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Dental bacteria can cause stomach pain
    Sir,
    I have doubt in my mind -
    Eight month before I have gone under root cannel treatment of one of my teeth and after the one month of RCT my TWO teeth were covered with Nikil cap. The cap was uncomfortable (infection was developed in one gum) and the cap was removed after the three months and infection in gum was continue till December 09.
    Since last 6 month my health is detoriated
    I feel pain in stomach when touched / ESR is 70/very weekness/Lamellar pleural effusion on left side.
    Now Sir, Please reply,
    1. Whether teeth (RCT teeth) infection may cause stomach pain and may increase ESR level up to 70/Pleural effusion (Reason for/ doubt --because after one month of RCT my stomach trouble started and continuing.
    2 Can nikil metal cap is harm full as it has spoiled my third tooth
    3. Should I immediately go for removal of thhe RCT and infected teeths.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 01:03 PM
    You need to see a medical doctor and have your stomach problems assessed. It could very well have nothing to do with your tooth but is just a coincidence.

Infections in your mouth can cause all kinds of systemic issues.
    jimryder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 04:13 PM
    I have had stomach pain due to a severely infected failed root canal. I also had many other symptoms due to the infected tooth and root canal. After taking antibiotics and having te root canal retreated, the symptoms quickly vanished. A tooth or gum infection can cause many secondary health issues, including death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I manage dental/cheek pain caused by tooth extraction? [ 4 Answers ]

I saw a dentist named >Name Removed< because she had a dental plan. This was okay for simple things, teeth cleaning (okay but not thorough.) But when I needed a root canal, she did it herself, digging into the tooth though it had an infection until she couldn't see what was what, then announced...

Stomach pain [ 13 Answers ]

My stomach has been hurting. Its not a pain hurt, more like a "I feel sick" hurt. I feel tired and hungry a lot of the time. Even if I just woke up a few hours ago or I just eat a half hour ago. What's going on?

Bacteria h. Pylori I want to know detail about this bacteria? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about bacteria h.pylori >Moved from Forum Help<

This pain in my stomach won't go away. [ 25 Answers ]

OK.. So here is my weight. I've been with my girlfriend for 4 years. We were best friends at college for about a year before we got together. Our four year relationship however has always been long distance. First when she went away to school (8 hour drive) and now that she is home ( 2 hour...

View more questions Search