Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noplacelikehome Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 01:05 AM
    Am I over my ex?
    Hi everyone.

I just have a simple question. How do you know if you are over your ex. Me and my ex have been apart for 2 years now. I think of her occasionnally like once in a while. I think about the good times we had but not the bad anymore because I've come to realized me and her weren't meant to be in this lifetime.

It doesn't hurt anymore whenever I think of her and I can go on with my life just fine. Yet right now, I find myself missing her, questioning if Im not sure if I'm over her or not. I just had another shot of whiskey and I think I have a period of weakness right now. It's a quarter after 1am right now and I'm a little drunk and I feel an urge to contact her. Does this mean I'm not over her yet and not ready for a new relationship?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 01:54 AM

Sounds like you're over her,but the whisky's making you feel sentimental.

I guess when you wake up you will feel better for not calling-that's hoping you didn't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 10:22 AM

am I over my ex?
    I would say yes, but don't let being drunk make you do something you will regret, when you are sober.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 10:43 AM

I say slow down on the booze first. And yeah, I think you're over her, it's okay to remember things, and normal. You two were together, which means that for a time, you had feelings for one another. Remembering it doesn't mean that you want it back, it just means you remember. Take the good and the bad things that you learned from that relationship and use them to guide you in your next relationship, whenever that is.

Mar 6, 2010, 12:14 PM

I am so happy I didn't contact her last night. I guess the booze kind of got to me but oh well life goes on.

I guess a part of me still lingers for her is because I miss being in a relationship overall anyway I got lots of stuff I have to do before I worry about another relationship.

Do you guys know anyway I can stop feeling a little less lonely? I mean I have a few good friends but yet I feel this way and I know why.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 12:33 PM

I think that an ex can always haunt us, months and years after the break up and the healing.

Was she your first love? A lot of times, and I have spoken to people who are happily married for years about this, it is easy to spare a thought for a love lost. There is nothing wrong with it.

The majority of us are optimists and we like to think that at the time it was right for us and that they are a good person. My advice is to wish her well IN YOUR HEAD and leave the memories at that.

Do you have any hobbies/sports you like to practice in your spare time? Do you have something you've always wanted to try? I would recommend starting something new.

For me it's travelling. There are so many places I want to see, when I feel down I add a little to my travel fund and it gives me a new spark of excitement and hope for the future.

Best of luck, and well done on not contacting her.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 02:32 PM

Leave the past in the past and the booze in the bottle!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noplacelikehome View Post
    I am so happy i didnt contact her last night. I guess the booze kind of got to me but oh well life goes on.

I guess a part of me still lingers for her is because i miss being in a relationship overall anyways i got lots of stuff i have to do before i worry about another relationship.

Do you guys know anyway i can stop feeling a little less lonely? I mean i have a few good friends but yet i feel this way and i know why.
    The first thing you can do, as was stated before, is put down the bottle.
    Do you work? Concentrare on it more
    Do you have friends? Spend time with them in public settings.
    Join social events and have a good time.
    If you don't feel like you're ready for another relationship, then take your time. You can date and get to know people without intent of something long term.
    Set boundries for yourself and stick to them.

That will help.

Mar 6, 2010, 07:08 PM

Right now I am a college student. I have a part time job too. Sometimes I start to wonder if love will ever find me?

I miss the feeling of being in love and all my friends have a significant someone, which makes me sad because I don't.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2010, 12:06 AM

Be open to meeting new people and maybe tell your friends that you are ready for a new relationship-you never now who they know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search