Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 02:47 PM

I would imagine you were hurt for your kids.
    She did not react the way I would have but she is not me. Nor is she you. But that was years ago, your children are grown, it's time to let go of this.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I would imagine you were hurt for your kids.
    She did not react the way I would have but she is not me. nor is she you. But that was years ago, your children are grown, it's time to let go of this.
    You know I think I probably already have , but the shock of seeing them just brought back some bad memories of how she tried to get so many people in our group involved! I guess I expect everyone to be a little like me. I'm not a saint, but if I thought or knew I had hurt someone intentionally or unintentionally I would ask their forgiveness.

Like you say it's over and I guess she was apologizing when she hugged me. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Oh no.. now I feel bad!! :(:(
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 03:07 PM

No need to feel bad. You have cleared it out in your head. Sometimes you just have to verbalized your thoughts and they become clearer. You have acted in a human way nothing wrong with that...
    Now go and have a grand day!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 05:30 PM

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what they want. The bigger question is, "what do you want?"

Do you want to reconcile? Because if you do, then you'll need to find a way to forgive, otherwise this will prevent you from having a healthy friendship.

Or do you want to move on with your life? In which case, you won't need to analyze their actions, as it wouldn't make a difference to you anyway.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    You know I think I probably already have , but the shock of seeing them just brought back some bad memories of how she tried to get so many people in our group involved! I guess I expect everyone to be a little like me. I'm not a saint, but if I thought or knew I had hurt someone intentionally or unintentionally i would ask their forgiveness.

Like you say it's over and I guess she was apologizing when she hugged me. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Oh no ..now I feel bad!!! :(:(
    I don't think there is any need to feel bad. Really, you responded with caution - and why wouldn't you?

Nor, is there any need to over analyze - rethinking it and worrying again won't change anything. Except give you heartburn all over again!

Accept that it's happened, and see it as your chance to finally let it go.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what they want. The bigger question is, "what do you want?"

Do you want to reconcile? Because if you do, then you'll need to find a way to forgive, otherwise this will prevent you from having a healthy friendship.

Or do you want to move on with your life? In which case, you won't need to analyze their actions, as it wouldn't make a difference to you anyway.
    No, I don't want to have a relationship with them. I don't hate them, but I think we have moved on. I would help her her if she needed help. I think we will probably come to think of them as casual aquaintances.

Thanks
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    I don't think there is any need to feel bad. Really, you responded with caution - and why wouldn't you?

Nor, is there any need to over analyze - rethinking it and worrying again won't change anything. Except give you heartburn all over again!

Accept that it's happened, and see it as your chance to finally let it go.
    Thanks Gemini54.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2010, 09:50 PM

Most people I've known who have gone through divorce are temporarily insane! It's such a horrible experience and few of us are equipped to handle that kind of disruption, attack on our personal life security and betrayal, so I would just consider the state of mind and level of pain when was in at that time and let go of the tirade from 25 years ago.

Also know that this dirtbag she married is entirely 100% responsible for the entire situation and owed you an apology for putting you in that position. If you had told, he would have felt betrayed - not telling, she felt you betrayed her. The fact is, he betrayed her and they were both wrong to put you in the middle of it. You would have been right to tell, and you were also right not to tell - there are good ethics behind both decisions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Silent Fart [ 7 Answers ]

An elderly couple was attending church services . About halfway through the service, she leaned over and said to her husband, ''I just let out a silent fart, what do you think I should do?'' He replied, ''Put a new battery in your hearing aid '' ;)

Silent dates? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm kind of anti social... I'm just really shy and don't trust very quickly, and I'm not easy like some girls... there are some guys that are intersted in me and I like them... the problem?. I can't talk to them... and if I do, we talk about something boring and I try desperately to keep the...

The silent treatment [ 32 Answers ]

Hi all! Its been a while since I posted but I'm back again! My man and I haven't spoke since Sat evening. Well here goes :- Sat late afternoon I got my period and when I get my period I'm very much in pain and become extra sensitive that I know. My man was playing loud music and he knows...

Why Is The Church Silent? [ 9 Answers ]

Just like every other day of the week, 4000 babies were killed today. Where was the church? Where were the preachers? I'd sure like to know. Those of us who have been involved in the prolife movement (or for that matter, any other movement that impinges upon moral issues) for any length of...

View more questions Search