Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elishamo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 10:50 PM
    If people don't believe in God or a God what do they believe in?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 11:39 PM

I don't know what , "They" believe in but I know there is a God. He gave his son for our sins. We have to be saved by asking forgiveness and accept him in our hearts as our personal Saviour. We are saved by the blood he shed for us. We are begotten by his words and saved by his grace.

There is a heaven and a hell and God gives us a free will. He doesn't force us to do his bidding, but we as Christians know what is right and wrong. We fail him everday, but he forgives.

Now Satan is a very different story. If he had the power to make us do everything he wanted us too, he would. But Satan doesn't have the power our Lord has. He trembles at the words of the Lord and he flees when we speak God's name. He doesn't give up but we have to rebuke
    Him. So you have your answer as to what I believe and I won't argue about it. You can't change what I believe anymore than I can change yours. Blessings
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elishamo View Post
    I,as an atheist,don't follow any beliefs,no deities,no supernatural beings,no little green men from space.

I haven't been a 'follower' of any religion for more than 25-30 years.

I believe that the sun will rise,the rain will fall and the earth is round.What more do I need to believe in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2010, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elishamo View Post
    The answer is simple. They accept the physical sciences. They accept thatit has been proven that the earth orbits around the sun rotating on its exists every 24 hours. This causes the illusion of the sun rising and falling. They accept that if you drop a solid object it will fall, that's called gravity. Then accept that if you nurture a seed, it will grow, that is a biological fact. They accept that if you mix certain chemicals a certain reaction will occur, it is called chemistry. I could go on and on.

Personally, I am a deist. I believe that some intelligent force set up these physical laws that govern how life on this planet functions. I do not believe in some benevolent or omnipotent being that had a child and killed that child to absolve the sins of everyone else. I certainly do not believe that we have to accept that particular deity to be saved for some future plane of existence.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I,as an atheist,don't follow any beliefs,no deities,no supernatural beings,no little green men from space.

I believe that the sun will rise,the rain will fall and the earth is round.What more do I need to believe in?
    It is your right tto believe anything you want to believe. I just know I couldn't make it without God.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The answer is simple. They accept the physical sciences. They accept thatit has been proven that the earth orbits around the sun rotating on its exists every 24 hours. This causes the illusion of the sun rising and falling. They accept that if you drop a solid object it will fall, that's called gravity. Then accept that if you nurture a seed, it will grow, that is a biological fact. They accept that if you mix certain chemicals a certain reaction will occur, it is called chemistry. I could go on and on.

Personally, I am a deist. I believe that some intelligent force set up these physical laws that govern how life on this planet functions. I do not believe in some benevolent or omnipotent being that had a child and killed that child to absolve the sins of everyone else. I certainly do not believe that we have to accept that particular deity to be saved for some future plane of existence.
    Scottgem.. I don't argue religion or politics and I say this with kindness, there have been too many miracles in my life and I know the Lord performed those miracles.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post

This would be my answer as well. Well said.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    This would be my answer as well. Well said.
    We all have a right to believe in what we want. As I said.. I give God the glory for all the things in my life he has blessed me with.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    We all have a right to beleive in what we want. As I said..I give God the glory for all the things in my life he has blessed me with.
    You seemed to have a need to respond to people who say they don't believe in what you do. Why is that?

Mar 6, 2010, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Scottgem..I don't argue religion or politics and I say this with kindness, there have been too many miracles in my life and I know the Lord performed those miracles.
    I'm confused here. Yes I referred to your comments in stating what I do and don't believe. But, like you did, I was only stating my beliefs. I was not arguing. But for someone who doesn't want to argue, you are questioning people who posted their beliefs.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 07:32 AM
    You seemed to have a need to respond to people who say they don't believe in what you do. Why is that?

You're right. I thought when my email says to respond that meant I have to answer a question or give my opinion. That isn't what it means is it? Sorry, I'm still learning.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 07:36 AM
    Hey guys I thought when my email says to respond or I have a answer from someone it was meant for me to respond! No wonder I have so many post. Sorry guys I'm not being mean. Okay.. Just learning. If I thought one word would change your mind, I would argue. But that word would have to be put in my heart by the Lord. I know you could never change my mind about what I believe and I cannot change yours. Okay so I won't add anymore to this post.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 07:43 AM
    I'm confused here. yes I referred to your comments in stating what I do and don't beleive. But, like you did, I was only stating my beliefs. I was not arguing. But for someone who doesn't want to argue, you are questioning people who posted their beliefs.

Like I stated I thought it was a given we respond when we get an email. You all have been on here a lot longer than me and I'm still learning. I don't think I was questioning your beliefs but if you think I was maybe I was. I would never try to change your mind unless the Lord puts the words into my heart to say. People who witness to other people shouldn't do it to prove a point or a try to change someone's mind unless God puts the words in their heart to say. God will do that in his own way. Thanks

Mar 6, 2010, 03:33 PM

No, the e-mail notification is just stated that a new reply has been added to a thread you are subscribed to. It is your choice whether you respond further to that thread. I'll accept your explanation.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 03:56 PM
    No, the e-mail notification is just stated that a new reply has been added to a thread you are subscribed to. It is your choice whether you respond further to that thread. I'll accept your explanation.
    Okay first of all I wanted to say I thought when you get an email you have to respond. So I do. As far as trying to change your mind or Karmas mind I won't do that because if God doesn't put the words in my heart to say it would be futile to argue. You are strong in your belief aand I am strong in mine. I did edit the post and add a little more. Look I'm not as educated as you and most of the people on this forum and if I feel I've hurt anyone by something I say or do then I apologize maybe I don't need to be here.

I want to help people not put them down and I don't want to get mad and say mean things but I do. The one thing I will never apologize for is my belief in my salvation, my belief that God, The father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. He has been my rock. I will say this again and that is ;you have every right to your beliefs and I have no right to question them. I didn't think I had done that. Thanks
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 04:02 PM

I don't know if I believe in "God", but I do believe that there is something after death, if it is heaven, hell,reincarnation or whatever. I refuse to believe I'm just going to die one day, and nothing is waiting on the other side, I'm not religious nor do I plan on becoming religious. I guess I'm kind of in the middle of believing or not, no miracle has happened that makes me a believer but nothing has shown me not to be either.

"I'd rather live my whole life believing there is a god, and die and find out there is not, then live my whole life believing there is not a god, and die and find out there is"
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94 View Post
    "I'd rather live my whole life believing there is a god, and die and find out there is not, then live my whole life believing there is not a god, and die and find out there is"
    Weird, my quote would the exact opposite of that. :) To each their own I guess.
    myopinion. Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 04:31 PM

I don't know about everyone, but some people who don't believe in god believe science makes more sense than the universal god. I don't believe in either.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Weird, my quote would the exact opposite of that. :) To each their own I guess.
    I guess, I'd just feel kind of embarrassed thinking there is not a god and then I die and there is, if it's the opposite oh well..
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94 View Post
    I guess, I'd just feel kinda embarrassed thinking there is not a god and then i die and there is, if its the opposite oh well..
    Your feeling is not unique, see Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jewish the chosen people of God? [ 6 Answers ]

I hope that I am posting this in the correct section. My friends and I were discussing Christianity this evening and I wanted them to answer a question, but no one was able to give a direct answer. I know that in the Bible it says that the Jewish are the chosen people. I would like to know if...

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

Does God force people to come in? [ 9 Answers ]

Apparently today's gospel lesson says so.:confused: Today's Gospel (Lk 14:15-24): One of those at the table said to Jesus, «Happy are those who eat at the banquet in the kingdom of God!». Jesus replied, «A man once gave a feast and invited many guests. When it was time for the feast he sent his...

Thank God for this sight and all the people that post [ 2 Answers ]

I have been asking question on this site for a few months now.I have been through the ups and downs ( mostly downs) of my ex leaving me.I tell you what wit out you guys I would still be having sleepless nights drinking none stop to hide the pain.With you guys I was able to take some of the advise...

View more questions Search