Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevenroberts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 07:09 PM
    My father was killed unlawfully. Would the court have awarded me compensation?
    My father was killed when I was 5 by a reckless driver, who was prosecuted and found guilty. At the time he was killed, he had recently divorced my mother and re-married. I ended up in care and lost touch with my mother. Would the court have awarded myself and my 2 older brothers compensation? We have heard rumour that we were awarded something, but nobody has ever contacted us.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 07:13 PM

Your guardian would have had to sue the driver for civil liability

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back do he still pay [ 3 Answers ]

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back into the house where the child resides is he still responsible for paying the court ordered child support? I am asking because my ex-husband moved back into the house and would only write a check for half of the mortgage because in...

How do I put a lien on property if awarded judgement in court? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my car painted and it was not done faulty. I took the shop to court and won. They were to pay me 5000 dollars but have not paid anything. How can I put a lien on their assets?

Buying out a court awarded pension from divorce [ 2 Answers ]

My divorce was finale on Tuesday. The court awarded part of my Husbannd's pension to me. I am wanting my husband to buy out the pension so I could have cash now. Are there penalities and tax liabilities if he pays me cash for the pension amount? I would think that he would be saving going...

Father wants to relocate out of state awarded custody because mother proven unfit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in ny state I have had joint physical custody of my nine year old for over 5 yrs. I received custody after fighting to prove mother unfit. My wife(Step-mom) has been in picture since day 1. She has been offered work out of state = Promotion, more money. She has been with company over 8yrs....

I don't Want My Daughter's Father Mother To Have Visitation Awarded [ 10 Answers ]

Hello my name is priscilla i live in n.y. i was with my daughter father for 3 e years and he was very abusive. Him and his mom when they found out i was pregnant wanted me to get an abortion and his mother was aware of all the physical and mental abuse i had a order of protection on him but it...

View more questions Search