Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogrwp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 02:19 PM
    Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg
    Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone
    dogrwp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 02:20 PM

Why isn't my land line phone working with a modular cord plug I installed.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 02:27 PM

Telephone cords are made with a twist. In other words the ends are rotated 180 deg. Line the plugs side by side and the color sequence should be reversed for the other plug.

Usually a phone might get dial tone, but won't be able to dial out and you can answer it. Occasionally nothing works. Depends on the phone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land line phone commands [ 1 Answers ]

Hi simple for some I know but the thing is I cannot remember how to forward a land line phone to another land line phone forinstance in an office where one person is leaving so forwards his phone to someone else's until removed if someone does know that would be great. Also if they do if they could...

I need a Yahoo land line phone # for zip 31721 [ 1 Answers ]

Yahoo local # for zip 31721/31701

Hooking up new phone line to main phone box [ 0 Answers ]

I am hooking up a new phone jack into the "main phone line box" in my basement... need help... I will try to explain as clearly as possible... hope not to confuse everyone. General info that may be useful in answering my question: I currently have cabletelevision phone service modem etc... I...

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

View more questions Search