Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rthymufc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
    Best software/hardware to play game
    Hai there, I just bought new PC by ACER, using windows XP home edition, 256 RAM, 3.0MHz Intel Pentium4.

My problem is there are some games I cannot play after download it such as Red Alert 2-Yuri Revenge and my PC will run slow/noisy while I'm playing Stronghold 2 and it will appear (encounter problem) when I pay it for 1 hour...

Help me...
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 28, 2006, 08:49 PM
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/.../techinfo.html

Check and make sure your system is up to par with the requirements to play this game.
    Check your computer for spyware and viruses; if you downloaded the game from a website, could be a glitch with the copy you received. If that's the case, contact the tech support people from the site you used.
    Don't run any other programs while playing these games, as you have the minimum system requirements.
    It's common: While many people like to game, their PC's overheat when they play for a prolonged amount of time. Find a small portable fan, and point it at your system. This should help it cool off and/or spruce up the inside with a can of air.
    marburg Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 11:37 AM
    You don't state what model Acer.

There are several things to look at. The first is ram. You state that your new PC by Acer has 256 RAM. You probably need to bump that up to at least 1 gigabyte or 2. You need check your owners manual or user guide to find out how much RAM your PC can hold.

Another thing to check is your video card. How much RAM does your video card have?Is your video card an onboard card. Most onboard video cards (these are cards that part of the motherboard) share RAM. Thus, if you have onboard video of 128MB it is actually pulling 128MB RAM from your 256RAM memory stick thus leaving you with 128RAM to do everything else. To play most new games your video card should be shader compliant and have at a minmum 512 MB RAM that comes with the card. Your AGP on the video card should also be 8x--anything lower and your video will run slowly during game play.Examples of these are PNY GeForce 7600, ATI Radeon X1650. Naturally, you need to make sure your PC can run these cards.

Hope this helps.

Marburg:cool:

Quote Originally Posted by rthymufc
    Hai there, I just bought new PC by ACER, using windows XP home edition, 256 RAM, 3.0MHz Intel Pentium4.

My problem is there are some games I cannot play after download it such as Red Alert 2-Yuri Revenge and my PC will run slow/noisy while I'm playing Stronghold 2 and it will appear (encounter problem) when I pay it for 1 hour...

help me........
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
    You definetely need more RAM. Also you don't mention what kind of video card you have. Most onboard video chipsets will not run the current games.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to play card game [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody will give me a link or tell me how to play card games , I am a newbie Cheers

Hardware requirement for unigraphics software [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir I reqiired system configuration for installing unigraphics (UG) software.

Does anybody play a game called Darkthrone? [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering, does anyone play or have heard of a game called Darkthrone? http://www.darkthrone.com/

Do I play his game? [ 5 Answers ]

OK so my ex used me and I have lost alomost all my feelings for him but I would like to get back at him... and apparently I have the chance... I have just started talking to my ex's best mate (well he started texting me now we talk on msn nightly) and he tells me stuff about my ex... like...

Hardware or Software Problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I wiped out Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266, installed Windows98SE and now can't open IE or OE and anything I try to open is soooo painfully slow. I've fdisked, reformatted and reinstalled Win98SE 3 times and same results. I tried scanreg /fix in MS-Dos and results says it's fixed but it...

View more questions Search