Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tmergs Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Any good exercises for football?
    Any good exersises to get in shape for high school football
    dandemeyere Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 2, 2010, 07:54 AM
    Sure there are a lot of them. Conditioning is very important so start with running but here a couple more:
    - 'Suicides' - Sprint to the 10 yard line and back to the goal line, then to the 20 yard line and back to the goal line, then to the 30, 40 and finally the 50 and back. Take a one minute break and do it again. This is great for speed, acceleration, and agility.
    - 'Up-downs' - High step your feet in place (like you're running up imaginary steps) and then drop to the ground and do a push-up every 10 seconds. See how long you can go and try to improve.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 11:12 AM

Of course everyone wants to be bigger, faster and stronger then their opponents. But the key is knowing how to get that way. The two excercises above are good but are actually not going to increase your speed a whole lot if any. Suicides and down-ups are for conditioning. Not muscle building.

It depends on what you're looking to do. If you're already fast then focus on areas such as strenth, conditioning and agility. If you're already really strong focus on speed and agility.

What position are you or are you hoping to be?

Rick

P.S. I was cornerback and wide receiver so I focused a lot on my speed and agility. If you're a lineman focus on strength and agility. Quarterback should focus on agility and QB fundamentals.

Keep me posted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exercises and diet which is good for knee pain? [ 1 Answers ]

What r the foods and exercises that r good for knee health. Is osteoaritheritis curable in early stage

Good weight lifting or any type of exercises for 16-18 yr old [ 5 Answers ]

I need some weightlifting or just exercise tips (no matter how random), that may help in muscle building.. for a teen that is safe, easy and inexpensive. p.s. I know about the running and diet stuff... most diet stuff

Good butt exercises? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 17 year old girl and I've been on a diet for about 2 months now. I've lost 25 pounds so far. But I can't seem to lose any weight in my butt. (no pun intended) I've lost weight everywhere else but I can't seem to lose it in my butt! Unless I am not noticing, which I doubt. It makes me...

Does anyone know any good leg exercises? [ 4 Answers ]

:) Hi again, Does anyone know any good exercises for your legs? I really want to burn the fat off, and gain muscle.Anything would be great even if it is just one exercise.Thanks a million.:)

View more questions Search