Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Tanklerss water heaters
    I have installed sevral tankless water heater and now did one for myself. It was so easy to hook them up and wak away but now I need to learn to care for one. Who has some advice on the care and feeding of a tankless heater?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 5, 2010, 08:15 AM

Iv'e installed tankless water heaters and have nothing but the nicest things to say about them. True they cost from $500 for a three element to $600 for a top of the line four element. But consider, they will last 30 to 40 years compared to 8 or 9 of a regular heater. Expect a savings of 40 to 60% on your electric water heater bill.(Figure the savings over the years plus the replacement cost of heaters and it begains to pay for itself.) This unit will not leak or rupture and stays 99.5% efficient through out its lifespan. I have installed small "kicker units" to boost hot water to a far bathroom to a full size unit that handles a 4 bedroom house.
    You may send my tip directly to Paypal. Make it a big one. I'm looking at a Vette. Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 11:36 AM

Ballenberg: what tankless hot water heaters are you talking about ? The point-of-use electric heaters? Or gas tankless heaters like Noritz, Takagi, Rinnai, Rheem, Bradford White, Bosh, Paloma... etc.. Which one did you install ? Our company installs tankless heaters since 2002 - the year they have been introduced on market in So.California.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heaters [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing my water heater and I have 2 ground wires and only one will fit under the screw. Is it appropriate to take the uncoded copper wire,cut it short and wrap electrical tape around it?

Water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I suddenly don't have any hot water coming from my taps. I went down and checked the water heater but it's not leaking or anything. I looked at the bottom but don't really know what to look for. We have about 10' of snow outside but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Water comes out but...

Two Water Heaters [ 1 Answers ]

I know this has been asked before. My problem is when I have family visiting for a weekend I run out of hot water pretty quick. I am limited as far as space goes. I was told I can hook two water heaters together to increase the amount of hot water. My plan of action is to bring my cold water into...

Water heaters vs. Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious about advantages of tankless over a traditional water heater.

Water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced the thermocouple in the gas hot water heater but the pilot still goes out. What could be wrong

View more questions Search