Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CGerman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 03:53 PM
    If my Notary is for WA can I notarize documents from CA?
    I'm a Notary Public in WA and was asked to notarize some documents from someone in CA while they are in WA is that legal?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 05:21 PM

So long as you have documentation of the events then it should be legal. As to the fact that your job is to legally verify the person signing the document is who they say they are and all the state rules were followed. Also in the case of out of state persons I would also take a picture of them for the files. That way with the copies of ID they gave you along with their picture your covered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 08:24 PM

At least here in GA, you may notarize anay doctument within your state, so if they have the paper in person in your state you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W7 and Notarize Copy [ 6 Answers ]

I am filing 1040EZ form for my Tax Return as married filing jointly. My wife don't have ITIN number hence I will be filling W7 form along with my federal tax return. So do I need Notarize copy of my wife's passport and how notarize copy looks like and from where I can get that notarize copy. I...

Notarize in different states [ 1 Answers ]

Can a South Carolina notary notarize a document in North Carolina

Notary in one state notarize documents from another state [ 2 Answers ]

Can a notary from one state notarized documents from another state?

Notarize Indian Documents [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US from India in March 2007. I need to give my signature on some legal Indian documents. For that either it requires my personal presence in India in the Register Office or I should sign this in the presence of a Notary over here, get it notarized and send the documents. Please...

Notarize Passport for W7 [ 3 Answers ]

How many or which pages are required to be notarized to file a W7 for a person having H4 Visa and living in San Diego, California? How can I obtain an ITIN ?

View more questions Search