Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spinky88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Washer lint filter
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and I need a bit of help. We have a Kenmore series 70 washer model 110-26722693. It works fine but it is leaving lint all over my clothes. I read elsewhere on this forum that it is a self cleaning filter located under the inner tub. I have called an appliance repair center and they are going to charge in the neighborhood of 200. To clean the filter, which I feel is way too much and purchasing a new one would be not be a lot more. I do not dry my clothes in a dryer as I line dry and the serviceman says the dryer is made to get the lint out of clothes, so even buying a new machine will not solve this problem. He also agreed that the cost of cleaning the filter is a lot to put into an old machine and usually no one will pay to have this maintence done by a serviceman. My question is, would this be a job we could do ourselves and if so... how do we find out how to remove that inner tub. I have our appliance manual on this washer but there is nothing in there to give a hint of an idea of how to do a job like this. Any ideas? Any help or advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement lint filter - Samsung Top loader [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Samsung Triflow SW65ASP2 Top loader which is nearly 5 years old. I have just noticed that the 2 lint filters are shreded from use and have no idea where (or even if I can) get replacements. I bought the Machine at Myer (and have never seen any there). I have a toddler and a baby so...

Washing machine lint filter [ 0 Answers ]

Lint build up on clothes and washer drum on new Whirlpool top loader.Whirpool and many others fail to use filters in the wash cycle causing poor wash and plugged drain to waste lines .does anyyone have a solution to the problem ,other than to resurect the old machine that has a lint filter.

Kenmore 80 Series Washing Machine Lint Filter [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I find and clean the lint filter? If it is an automatic cleaning filter, and it is not doing it's job, how can I clean it out?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.