Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Nov 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Moles in my flower bed
    Hi. Does anyone have a surefire way to get rid of moles? I know about the spikes and repellants. I want to elimanate them like Bill Murray in "Caddy Shack", but would prefer to not use anything explosive. (Just kidding). Would appreciate any tried and true remedies. Thanks. Dave.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Nov 28, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Have tried them ALL. Killing the grubs and bugs they eat is supposed to work (NO) sprinkling predator urine powder (no) stood and watched for 6 hours and shot with shotgun (seemed to egg them on).

The Answer? Name them, call them pets and open your garden up to the public as a VERY profitable mole farm. $3.00 Per city slicker
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2006, 09:03 PM
    I have had good luck with a trap. Takes a bit of doing, but it works eventually. You need to try to pick out the main tunnel, longer and straighter. Stomp all the tunnels down, noting a likely spot in the main one. Set the trap there. Keep stomping the tunnels down and locating the trap in the most active area. One fine day, you will come out and find a tunnel pushed up to the trap but stopping there. You may pull the trap out and see blood or fine gray hairs on a tine. Keep it up until the tunnels quit being pushed up again.

I have a few wonder in almost every summer, and they never last very long.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Nov 28, 2006, 09:48 PM
    I have 10 acres of very moist soil and the moles control 60%. I give up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yard Moles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a BIG problem with yard moles. I would like to have any advise. I cannot afford all the "stuff" like stakes and traps. I was wondering if anyone has any "home remendies" to get rid of these. My neighbor also has them very mad. Sue

Moles [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of yard moles

Moles [ 1 Answers ]

Why does one mole equal 6.02*10^23 atoms?

Flower boxes for wrought iron rails [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all - I would like to find instructions for building flower boxes - any suggestions? Thanks!

Moles [ 1 Answers ]

If 2.0 moles of nitroglycerin explodes, what is the total number of moles of gaseous products produced? 4 C3H5N3O9(l) --> 12 CO9g) + 10 H2O(g) + 6 N2(g) + O2(g) How many moles of Al(l) are produced if 4.5 moles of Al2O3(s) reacts? How many moles of C(s) are necessary to produce 3.2 moles of...

View more questions Search