Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anxious24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 01:03 PM
    My boyfriend is married, but separated. Is it wrong for me to be in love with him?
    The wife knows who I am and do not cause any drama. My boyfriend is incarcerated and I am holding things down until he comes home. He is talking about marrying me. I want to be happy. He is still married and I love him with all my heart. Am I wrong?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 01:09 PM

You mean he is incarcerated, right ? If he is legally separated, yes, you are right to feel the way you do. If he is not legally separated, then, there is a problem.

Tick
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 02:34 PM
    It's not wrong to love him if he is in fact legally separated from his wife.

He needs to be legally separated or divorced before he can honestly talk about marrying you.

But, if he's still in prison, I'd be taking things VERY slowly.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 12:19 PM

It may not be wrong to love a guy who is married, and in jail, but is it wise? Not in my book as he has a lot of baggage to address when he gets out before he can keep his promises.

Bet you send him money, and take his collect calls to? Really can't say that's wise either, love or not.

He can get a divorce from jail you know.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 12:27 PM

I agree that you may be headed for hurt here, but I don't think it's wrong, especially considering that his ex wife has no problem with it.

But, how long are they separated? Why? Is it a legal separation? What is your own home situation? Do you have kids? Does he?

Lil more info and we might be able to help more :)
    bluebirdlove3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 01:59 AM

It's not wrong to be in love with him, but I would worry about protecting yourself! There are so many red flags in what you just said.

Incarcerated?
    Married?
    AND he wants to get married already?

He hasn't even ended his first marriage and already he wants to jump into another one? Is it possible he wants you to take care of him while he does whatever he wants? Honey, just be careful and don't jump into this relationship too soon until you really get to know him. He doesn't sound like very good marriage material and not even love can repair that.
    MessEtte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 03:48 PM
    Dating a Married Cheating Man
    A Fool's Mess

To all the Ladies dating and having sex with married men, Stop it! Especially the ones who are waiting for that day he will leave his wife. Nothing says a "Dumb ***" like being with another woman's man. You listen to all his Disney-esque fairy tales on how one day he's going to leave his wife. You believe in child-like wonderment that one day he will be all yours. "Who really wants a man like that?" This same cheating man that you love; who cheats on his wife will cheat on you. Actually, he's cheating on you by having sex with his wife. "See how ridiculous this sounds." This cheating married man has you all reserved for dinner for 3 at the" Restaurant of Fools." You are the appetizer and "wifey" is the main meal. " The full course meal" No dessert for you sister, the wife gets that too. The wife gets all the things that marriage entitles her: like the house, car, paycheck and his social security. That leaves you sitting at the table with crumbs at your favorite dinning spot, Le Cheats. After several years of eating "fool a la mode," he finally tells you that he is no longer with his wife. You're so excited thinking he left her for you, but the sad truth is she left him. Why? She was tired of being with a Cheating Man... As they say "you can have the rest."
    http://messettediaries.blogspot.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am married and in love with my ex boyfriend... help! [ 9 Answers ]

I am 23 and have been married for 3 1/2 years. My husband is a wonderful man and we have a beautiful baby. The only problem is me. I am still in love with my ex boyfriend. My ex and I were together off and on for over 2 years. He was always there for me and loved me very much but I was young and...

I'm married and in love with my ex-boyfriend [ 69 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I've been married for 5 years and I cheated on my husband after 2 years of marriage with my ex boyfriend. This happened when my husband called me names after having our daughter. I was self conscious and needed attention. I ran into an old friend and not long after we began an...

Married and in love with my married ex-boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, My name is Heloisa and I used to think that I was a pretty good person. I always try to be courteous and fair with people. Would like to think I have a good head on my shoulders. Here's what has me stumbling: ever since having my (one-year old) son it seems like all of my husband's...

Can I file Married jointly or married separated [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know, that can I file jointly with my wife or married but separated. She is a Canadian citizen and she does not have a U.S. (SSN). She visits me Every 2 months and if I round up all her visits she has stayed with me More than 6 months, so can I claim her by applying for ITIN...

I am still in love with my ex boyfriend but who is married. [ 12 Answers ]

I have known my ex boyfriend since I was 14 years old and he was my 1st everything. And we just broke up again and he's married. For me its so hard to let him go and I feel in my gut and my heart that he won't let me go, even though he's married, he told me that if I were to get married he would be...

View more questions Search