Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmoses18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 04:02 PM
    Balancing chemical equations
    Im really confused on how to balance these chemical equations we did in class today.. if someone could help me with these that would be great..
    1. The solids aluminum and sulfur react to produce aluminum sulfide
    2. Water and dinitrogen pentoxide gas react to produce aqueous hydrogen nitrate
    3. The gases nitrogen dioxide and oxygen react to produce dinitrogen pentoxide gas
    4. Ethane gas (C2H6) burns in air, producing carbon dioxide gas and water vapor
    5. Aluminum oxide(s) decomposes when electricity is passed through it
    6. Nickel (II) hydroxide(s) decomposes to produce nickel(II) oxide(s) and water
    7. Heating sodium hydrogen carbonate(s) produces sodium carbonate(aq), carbon dioxide(g), and water
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2006, 04:04 PM
    If this is homework, please read this announcement.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Nov 28, 2006, 04:57 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Assuming you have read through the guidelines referred to by J-9, let's have you start by converting the word equations into standard chemical equations and we can go from there.

We are happy to help but we would just like you to work with us and learn with us.

I will help by giving you some tips and guidelines along the way to help YOU solve it.

If you perform the first step we can check what you have done and make corrections or move you forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Balancing equations [ 6 Answers ]

Fe2O3+H2-----Fe+H2O

How do you balance chemical equations [ 9 Answers ]

for... ex. 1. _____NaOH + ______HCI = ______NaCl + _____H2O now what the hell is this?

Balancing equations [ 1 Answers ]

how do you balance this equation? 2SO2(g)+ O2> SO3(g)?

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search