Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommo27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Dangerous compounds
    What is the most lethal non radioactive chemical out there,you know,the sort of stuff that would melt you down in seconds and leave you in a yellow and green mush,iv` been arguing with my friend,im`r flummoxed as to what it is but he says it`s some weird stuff iv`e never heard of,please could you settle the argument,cheers:confused: :confused:
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Nov 28, 2006, 04:25 PM
    I'd invite you to swallow a couple of grams of cesium, but you wouldn't get beyond putting it in your mouth before your head was converted to a rapidly expanding gas. It's a reactive metal that pulls apart water molecules, freeing hydrogen and producing a crap-ton of heat. Then the hydrogen ignites.

Yay, videos!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...66654801392897

Fluorine gas will handily turn your lungs into a mushy puddle in tiny amounts, and some super-concentrated acids could well dissolve your entire body.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2006, 11:17 PM
    *coughs*

Strong alkalis will quickly turn you to soap.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 28, 2006, 11:31 PM
    Sodium Azide is a fun one. :)
    aaroncivic12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 09:18 PM
    Dimethyl Murcury is extremely toxic. I'm pretty sure most lab chemists don't mess with that chemical because of it's high toxicity.

Hydrofluoric Acid is also very toxic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chemical smell- dangerous? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in an apartment with Central heating and air. It seems to work about as well as other apartment ACs meaning that they never work very efficiently and always have higher than average bills. My question is regarding a smell that is not coming out of the room vents. I have discovered that it...

Dangerous couple friends [ 21 Answers ]

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Let me first say that I love my husband. He is a wonderful man and I really do feel connected to him. I will never leave him, and I have never cheated on him. That said, I think I am in love with our good friend. My husband and I spend a lot...

What is the name for this ionic compounds [ 2 Answers ]

1/sc2o3 2/nabro 3/cu(c2h3o2)2 4/sr(cn)2 5/ca(c2h3o2)2 Thank you mowahib!

Music in trailer for Dangerous Beauty [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the name of the song that is playing during the preview for Dangerous Beauty on the Dangerous Beauty DVD. Any help is much appreciated. I thought it might be something by Enya. Oh, if you know the artist that would be great too.

View more questions Search