Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadia farooq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 06:02 AM
    Why teddy bears are haram?
    Assalam my name is nadia and I'm 16 years old.I like teddy bears but people say it is haram to keep them in house.Is it true and why?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 06:19 AM

What does 'haram' mean ? Does it mean bad luck ? Teddy bears are an icon in the western world and loved by many children and same ones kept for years in the household.

Tick
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 06:38 AM

Time marches on, but teddy bears last forever !

Tick
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:07 AM

Tick,
    Haram (an Arabic word)- means that it is not allowed/forbidden.

Nadia,
    Please refer links
    Islam Question and Answer - Exemption of (baby) dolls from the ruling on haraam images
    Islam Question and Answer - Playing with toys in the shape of people or animals
    Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on keeping pictures and children?s toys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is MLM haram [ 6 Answers ]

Assalamu alaikkum, Is MLM haram? I believe this is very generic Question. I want the answer to be specific to this concept not specific to any practices conducted in this businesses because even halal business can be conducted in haram way. So please tell me concept of MLM is haram or...

What was the name of the movie with the lost teddy bears that go to a honey factory [ 6 Answers ]

This movie was about all the lost teddy bears that go to this one place and there is a huge carnival for them with music and laughter. There was a honey factory where all the honey was made. There also was this one old grumpy woman bear that lived in a house away from the carnival because she...

Christmas film title about teddy bears 1990s? [ 3 Answers ]

A family either rents/ or buys a house for the holidays. The two children (a boy and a girl), each with their own teddy bear are worried santa won't be able to find them in the cabin. There is a huge storm and the family cannot go to get a tree. The family leaves somewhere and the bears come to...

Is music HARAM [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Muhammad Mohid Hassan Iam 15 years old I want ask if music is haram or not because I have so much passion for music I have good voice and Im a good singer I writes songs but when ever I write songs the songs just come out of me I can't explain the feeling but its like allah is given a...

View more questions Search