Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgreentreesr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Lose on a timeshare resale
    We will be selling an unused timeshare back to the seller at a lose ( we owned it for 5 years). Can we claim the lose?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
    No. Timeshare is considered a personal residence, and you can NEVER claim a capital loss on a personal residence.
    PO1950 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cgreentreesr
    We will be selling an unused timeshare back to the seller at a lose ( we owned it for 5 years). Can we claim the lose?
    Personal losses are not deductibles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

Can We Lose Our Car? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband recently got a notice of Garnishment for our bank account for a repossession of a car. If he was to file Chap 7 alone, could we lose our current car? I was also on the re-possed car as co-owner but I am not on this one. I am also on disability, so they can not garnish my disability...

Resale dail-up [ 4 Answers ]

AOL has increased the price of dail-up by two dollars. For many years telcoms have had dail-up resell programs from 4-8 dollars per dail-up user.Does anyone think this is a good program and what is the best way to market this product? Thanks in advance Fred:confused:

View more questions Search