Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayray21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Toilet keep over flowing
    Water in back of toilet keeps liking in to bowl causing over flow how do I fix
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 07:36 PM

I am not certain we understand the issue just yet. Are you saying the tank continues to fuiill to the point that water goes down into the toilet? Or is the toilet bowl over flowing. We can help with both but its best to know which before we start
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 07:39 PM

First you need to make sure that you commode is not stopped up. After you have done this you probably need to replace the flapper or the flush ball, which ever you have in the tank of your commode.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 07:40 PM

You mean your toilet tank is over flowing or the bowl, if it is your water tank you need to adjust the water level see the images below lift the water tank led see and tell us which fill valve looks like our, if it is over flowing from the bowl then you have a blockage in the drain, thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Mar 3, 2010, 07:53 PM

Whan you fluss it will not go down know this is back up fixed that .dut in the bowl water is liking in from top tank dut tank not over flowing
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 07:57 PM

Rayray , this is getting hard to follow. So you had a backup and fixed it but now the water is running down the over flow tube, right?

Mar 3, 2010, 07:59 PM

Yes and is causing over flow
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 05:35 AM

Rayray,

You didn't respond to my question, let us know which type of fill valve do you have I a suming you have a fluid master one and it easy to fix, just let us know, Thanks.

John
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 05:58 AM

Rayray

See pic in post by afaroo.

Need to replace flapper.

Also when answering post, don't start new post. Use ''answer this question''

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 4, 2010, 06:42 AM

This is getting ridiculous!
    Ray you have to adjust the tank parts. Check the tank water level, it should be at the mark in the tank or 3/8 to 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube. This is what's causing the problem.
    Now look at the flapper, If it has wavy edges on the flat surface, replace it. The linkage between the flapper and the flush lever should have 1/4" play when the tank is filled. Also, check the small tube coming out of the top of the ballcock and make sure it's connect to and draining into the white overflow tube. If the leak is at the base of the tank there are two brass bolts on both sides of the flapper, if the tank is loose, leaking or wobbly, snug up the bolts. If there is dampness at the base of the bowl, pop off the china caps and snug down the closet bolts. I would check all this out before paying 50$ for a service call and 50$ a hour thereafter.
    Now about that overflow. Sounds like you have a blockage in the bowl. Purchase a closet auger,(see image) and auger the bowl. If you can not clear the bowl the toilet will have to be pulled and the drain line snaked.
    More questions? I'm as close as a click. TOM
    Attached Images

creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:56 AM

Hey Tom

Think u covered it all.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet over flowing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bathroom in the basement.The toilet tank has a hair line crack in it and the water seaps through.I shut off the water supply about two weeks ago, we do not use that bathroom at the present time.Last night my wife was washing clothes and the basement flooded.The water came out of the...

Toilet flowing over [ 1 Answers ]

We are on a sewer system. We have a two story home with two full baths upstairs, and one half bath,laundry room and the kitchen downstairs. Water pours out of the toilet in the half bath downstairs every time we flush the toilets upstairs,wash clothes and run any water in the showers or faucets...

No Cooling, air keeps flowing [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first question and pardon lack of appropriate technical wording. I have Ruud Silhouttee furnase/air-conditioner and I have problem that for lower level in house the air keeps flowing but its not cold, temp of lower level keeps rising in-spite of air flowing (I can feel the air flowing...

Gas not flowing from tank [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 16.5 Kohler on a Craftsman tractor. It is not flowing gas all the time to the carburetor. If I let it sit or (Not a good habit) blow into the gas tank the filter will fill up and it might be fine for the rest of the mow or I might need to do it again. I just installed a tune up kit because...

Water Flowing Outside House When Toilet Flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I recently noticed my driveway was wet even when it hadn't rained. It was even wetter the next day. I have realized there is a water flow occurring for about 1-3 seconds out of the house whenver the ground level toilet is flushed. I can't tell exactly where the water is coming from because it...

View more questions Search