Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonnieg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Rca pigtail antenna wire
    My system is model no. rt2870r and I have lost the fm antenna wire. Whee can I go to oreder another?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 08:47 PM

Make of unit?

Is this the "T" shaped dipole antenna using twin-lead?

Are there any balun's involved. Is the input on the stereo just screw terminals or coax?

This? Dipole FM Antenna - RadioShack.com

Other choices: amplified indoor FM antenna - Google Search
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Mar 3, 2010, 10:27 PM

I don't know if this RCA receiver is the same as some I've seen, but the FM antenna is often just a single length of wire with a 1-pin connector that mates with the centre pin of a PAL socket on the set.

If this is how yours was, just cut a suitable length of wire (a metre is usually enough), strip about 1cm of insulation from one end and poke it's bared end into the PAL centre pin. You may need to double over the bared copper end to make it a tighter fit in the socket. This usually works fine.

Daniel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RCA RT2770 "Pigtail antenna" connection? [ 9 Answers ]

I just purchased the RCA RT2770 but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to attach the pigtail (FM) antenna! The directions/manual is not clear on this! Do I need to buy another connector to attach the pigtail to the fm 75 plug in? If you could guide me to what I need or what you would...

To pigtail or not to pigtail -- wiring double gang box [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to wire a double gang box with two pair of receptacles on the same circuit and not switched. Technique 1: One source told me it is preferable to pigtail hots, neutrals, and grounds to each receptacle in the box so that a possible future receptacle replacement might be easier. ...

Wire up a Outlet with a Pigtail. [ 3 Answers ]

How do you wire up a outlet with a pigtail. {Moved from Forum Help. Please pay more attention to posting rules. Forum Help is clearly marked as only for questions about using this site. <>}

Grounding wire pigtail [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed an exterior light on my older home. I connected the house grounding wire with the light grounding wire. But, the directions mentioned a pigtail grounding wire (not included of course) and there is a green grounding screw on the metal plate. So do I need to get/install a grounding...

Wiring a 4 wire pigtail to a whirpool dryer 3 connector [ 1 Answers ]

Have a whirpool Senseon dryer that only has 3 connectors and the ground wire is currently screwed to the frame. My new house requires a 4 wire pigtail/plug. Do you just ground the 4th green wire to the frame? Is this acceptable wiring for this 4 wire pigtail?

View more questions Search