Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cb505 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Is there a tax treaty between Ireland and USA?
    Hi,
    I am an Irish citizen and have recently moved to the USA to work as a postdoctoral Researcher. I have a J1 visa. Is there a tax treaty in place between USA and Ireland and what taxes must I pay?
    Thank you!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Yes, there is; here is the link:

Ireland - Tax Treaty Documents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UK-USA Tax Treaty Refund [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a British J1 research scholar at a university in California, where I started work at the beginning of 2007. The university withheld taxes from my wages but I believe as long as I don't stay longer than 2 years I am eligible for a tax treaty refund under article 20A. It's most likely that...

Tax treaty uk usa [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm now working as a fellow postdoc in USA and I'm a resident of United Kingdom, I was informed that I do not have to pay taxes in USA if I'm going to stay for less than 2 years. Does it mean that if I stay for longer than two years, I will have to pay the tax back, or that I will have...

USA-India tax treaty: are benefits subject to tax? [ 3 Answers ]

I have worked in the USA for two short stints over the last decade. On both occasions, under the terms of the USA-India tax treaty, I was treated as exempt from payment of taxes in the USA. Now, having reached the age of retirement I am now entitled to withdraw my benefits. My employers had...

F1 OPT Tax Treaty Ireland USA [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert, I was a student on F1 visa for one year up to August 2008. Since October 1, I am working in a US firm on F1 OPT visa sponsored by the US university I attended. My question is: Am I exempt from Medicare, Social Security, Federal and State taxes? I am a citizen of Ireland. I know...

Usa-italy tax treaty [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am an Italian PhD doing a research fellowship UCSF. I am here on a J-1 visa, arrived July 2004 and leaving 2007. I am filing my tax return now, and I don't know if I can apply for the exemption based on the treaty with Italy or not. If I claim the exemption now, am I going to pay all...

View more questions Search