Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaylaserene Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 04:32 PM
    How should your molars align with a "perfect bite"?
    I've had my braces on for almost two years and now my orthodontist is starting to talk about the finishing details and when I'm supposed to get them off. But, she often overlooks things that I notice and I have to point them out to her, so I don't feel like I'm going to have as good results as my other friends who have previously had braces. One thing I've noticed is that when I bite down and I move my tongue around, I can feel the tops of my bottom molars. Is this normal?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 04:51 PM

I am moving my tongue around and can feel the tops of my bottom molars. I am 67 with all my teeth. It is your jaw moving normally. I have a good bite so you probably do to. Which is nothing to do with having your teeth straightened. This procedure is pretty complicated. Orthodontists are trained to do this properly.

Your bite is never going to stay the same. It all adjusts and moves around as you get older. Teeth are meant to move and have a certainly amount of play in our mouths.

Trust her. Your teeth will be lovely and worth every penny you have spent on them.

How old are you by the way ?

Tick

Mar 3, 2010, 05:03 PM

I hope so. One of my best friends just got her braces off and her teeth are so nice. I don't know if I'm just paranoid about the problems I think I see with my teeth, or if they're actually there. I'm sixteen.

Mar 3, 2010, 05:19 PM

Also, when I bite down there is more force on my front teeth and barely any on the molars.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Mar 3, 2010, 05:34 PM

The top molars should be out further then the bottoms... keeps your cheeks from getting bit. So yes that normal. As for the front teeth, no there should only be light or no force on them when you bite, most should be on the molars. But have patience till the treatment is complete!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an old but perfect condition "Pisani" signed oil painting. It is a 24x36 size. [ 13 Answers ]

My "Pisani" oil painting is 24x36 in size. I have been intrigued by this painting and would like some information on the artist and the title. I would be grateful foryour help or direction.

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" [ 2 Answers ]

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" and can it be bought as a cd?

I'm perfect but he doesn't "feel it"? What is that? [ 9 Answers ]

I was seeing this great guy for a about 3-4ish months. It was amazing! We totally clicked, had a great time together and the chemistry was awesome. In the beginning, he told me that he's slow to open up and that was fine with me; no rush. So in the last month, he stopped asking me out but kept...

Could I be ending someone's "perfect relationship"? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey there. So there's this guy who has had this girlfriend for about 2 years now... I know... weird for this to happen in high school right? So I met him about 2 months ago, and we connected so easily.. like I felt like I've known him forever and for some reason I feel drawn to him. So I asked my...

View more questions Search