Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidsonjason Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Older home poor hot water pressure kitchen sink
    Just moved into an old Victorian House (Second Floor of Three). The kitchen faucet is the single handle type and the pressure is horrible when it is turned to hot and it takes forever to heat up. The pressure is so low that soap doesn't even bubble up when the hot is on. Pressure/temp is fine every place else in the house. Also no shut off valves under the sink. Plastic tubing leading to metal pipes in the plaster wall.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 07:09 PM

You will have to find a way to shut the water off to the entire house or possibly there is a cufoff somewhere in the line in the basement if you have one.

Turn the water off and take the faucet apart and take the cartridge out of the faucet and inspect it to make sure there is not buildup in the cartridge, Also look into the holes in the faucet to make sure the one on the left is not stopped up.

Put it back together and turn the water on and see if you have solved the problem.

If not you may have to find a way to get into the wall and disconnect the plastic from the iron pipe to clear that area out.
    andyj1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 06:19 PM
    Letmeteelu is right however on these old houses the cast iron pipes are the problem they retain rust and other debris that will clog all new low volume fixtures. All of today's pipes should be copper. Anything that runs horizontial will corode and giveclogs in the future!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure reduced in kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

My pressure is reduced only on my hot water in the kitchen sink, I have a Delta Single lever faucet. We've been here about 2 years and all worked fine until a few months ago, it appears to be fairly new plumbing (about 6 to 8 years old) How do I repair this problem. Thank You.

Hot water pressure drops at kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen is across the house and downstairs from the hot water heater. After the hot water runs for about half a minute and the water coming out of the tap is finally hot, the water pressure drops significantly. If I start the dishwasher, it becomes a trickle. If I rotate the handle to add...

No hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I have an old kitchen faucet. I replaced the valve stem to the hot water side because it continually dripped. I had to get this part at the specialty store because it is so old. Anyway, I replaced that faucet was fine. Just the other day the hot water ended up having no pressure. I used it then...

No pressure in my kitchen sink, but ONLY the hot water. [ 1 Answers ]

Good evening. There is no pressure in the hot water in my kitchen sink; everywhere else has good pressure. I have a septic, and water softener. I have already replaced the filter, and added salt. It increased pressure everywhere, but the kitchen sink, and it's only the hot water. I took off the...

Hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

When turning on the hot water in my kitchen, the pressure drops drastically after ~5 seconds and makes a sputtering sound. Water flow is constant but obviously restricted for some reason. Cold water pressure is fine and hot water pressure is fine in other areas of the house. Any ideas on how to...

View more questions Search