Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flintstones1962 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Dead computer!
    Hello,

Can't start my computer, completely dead.

Opended the computer, and everything is OK.
    I've disconnected the power cable from the motherboard and connected it again and the computer started.

The problem happened once again.

Does this means that the MB is faulty, and need to be replaced or is it the power supply ?

Regards
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
    When you say dead, do you mean nothing turns on at all, or nothing shows up on the monitor? If none of the fans come on and nothing starts up at all, it could be the power supply or the motherboard. If you have access to another computer, you could try swapping the power supplys for a little while to see if that is the problem.

If the computer boots up, but nothing shows on the screen, it could be the memory, the processor, a malfunctioning PCI card... any number of things. If you have an MSI brand motherboard, they usually come with some diagnostic LED's in the back. If your case has them, look at the layout of the LED's, and when they stop changing, look up the specific layout in your manual that came with the motherboard. It can at least give you a good idea of where the problem is.
    Flintstones1962 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Thanks for your answer, I finally discovered that my power switch is faulty.
    The MB and the rest are OK

Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motherboard Fried? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP dv1000 notebook. I bought it last September, but the warranty is only a year, so it's no longer good, and HP wants 298.00 to fix the problem. So... I opened up my laptop the other day and turned it on and the blue indicator lights indicating power, and that the hard disk is...

Motherboard came from? [ 1 Answers ]

I was given this light brown and light ornge colored M.B. that says P4SD(or O)-LA. Any idea what it came out of?not much else on it (it has a : mPGA478B).I need to look up the manual on it.HELP! PLEASE!

Motherboard... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I wonder how to find out if my motherboard is ATX or not, cause I'm buying an new midi tower for my PC and I wonder if my current motherboard will fit in to it...

Motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help with my new motherboard? I have bought a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard and AMD 2.4 XP,1G DDR Ram,80G HHD but when I put all this together and boot it up all, I got was blank screen becase it didn't autodetect my CPU at 133MHz and I can't set it up manually because there no jumper...

Motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help with my new motherboard? I have bought a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard and AMD 2.4 XP,1G DDR Ram,80G HHD but when I put all this together and boot it up all, I got was blank screen becase it didn't autodetect my CPU at 133MHz and I can't set it up manually because there no jumper...

View more questions Search