Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LifeAfterYou Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Mar 3, 2010, 09:34 AM
    No friends, no girlfriend, no one...
    Hello, I'm just posting because I feel so alone in the world. I got no one. I have no friends, no girlfriend and pretty much no one. I guess I have an okay family but that's about it and I don't know why. Here's a little about me: I am a sophomore in college and I have many hobbies like music, snowboarding etc.

Through out my life, I have met many people. I have met some really good friends, potential girlfriends and rivals. For some reason, I just lost those good friends; some just parted separate ways; some I just can't stand; and some I just don't know what happened.

Right now I don't have much friends. I find myself hard to get along with people. Maybe I just don't have compatible friend or the type of friends I would want. As for my love life, none so far. I have met a few girls and I messed up really badly and sometimes I think back and think if I would have done differently, how my life would be different right now.

I don't really know what my problem is. I mean I do but I don't know the "why". For some reason I don't think people like being iaround me much. Im a quiet person but I'm not shy. I just find that I love being quiet and I don't really like talking all the much but at the same time it can get pretty lonely. Any words of wisdom or advice?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 09:48 AM

To help boost your self-esteem, you can start by reading this guide: Building Self-Esteem: A Self-Help Guide

The you can check out these books: The Guide to Self-Help Books – Recommended Self-Help Books - Self-Help Book Reviews

But the best way to boost your confidence is by putting yourself out there and interacting with more people. Experience plays a huge role in boosting confidence and self-esteem.
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Mar 3, 2010, 09:53 AM

Ive been in your shoes. You feel alone and that can be normal sometimes. Don't dwell on it too much. Friends come and they go and that's just a fact of life. Im sure you will make some new ones in college.

You like to snowboard that's cool as he**! Heck I haven't been in about 2 years cause I live in Florida and there's no mountains. I used to go to Bear mountain in California because my uncle and cousins were ski and snowboard instructors.

Feel free to chat man. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. There's plenty of people on here that are down in the dumps and come here looking for advice and other knowledge. You came to a good place. The people here are very helpful

Mar 3, 2010, 09:59 AM

I don't think it's a self esteem issue. I mean it could be but I just think that the right people never walk into my life.

Hey newguy, it snows in cali? Lol I never knew that.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeAfterYou View Post
    I dont really know what my problem is. I mean i do but i dont know the "why". For some reason i dont think people like being iaround me much. Im a quiet person but im not shy.
    These lines show us that there's a self-esteem issue.

Friends come and go all the time. Remember when we were young, we accused our parents of being boring and not having any friends? (Unless your are considered the exception).

Well, most of the time, as we get older, it's not that we aren't capable of having friends. It's the fact that we get busier and busier, so it's difficult to keep in touch. Sometimes, it's not on purpose, it just happens that you drift away naturally.

It takes effort to maintain friendships if you don't see each other every day at work or at school.

There's a problem if you're just sitting in your room starring at the walls. But if you're willing to keep an open mind to get to know more people. Make an effort to reconnect with your old friends. Do your part and let your effort speak for itself. Don't doubt your abilities or personality.
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Mar 3, 2010, 10:05 AM

Yea, it snows there. Damn I miss ski season! My tickets were always free!

Mar 3, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy2009 View Post
    yea, it snows there. damn I miss ski season! my tickets were always free!
    Lol lift tickets are so expensive these days. Sigh...

But Florida is cool too with the miami beaches and the hot girls lol.
    anon7883 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 09:07 PM
    Wow I can't believe there is someone who has the same issue as me. I graduated high school last year and now I am in universtity. I have not spoken to any of my friends since my closest friend moved and the rest just drifted away right now the only person I really hang out with is my 1 year older sibling and her friends I think that's sort of sad. I am a quiet person and I try to get along with people but when I'm in social situations I just don't know what to say or do and my voice comes out quiet. I feel stuck and like I'm waiting for that one good friend but I just don't knowhow to make that effort. I t seams like making friend comes very easily for my older sibling she has a bright personality and every time she sees someone she knows she takes the time (or they do) to say hello and have a quick chat. I have never had that. I really want to make a change I just don't know how or where to begin.
    amalikrunner Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Comment on anon7883's post
    Hello my friend :) My name is Malik - You can make a change and only you have the power to do that, try talking to random people at places you go, I am very social, it's just that my lifestyle, and goals are so great, people fail to understand :)
    amalikrunner Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Hi everyone, I hope all is well - I have a tread here I believe regarding me and my previous marriage, being alone no friends - am I crazy because I am an athlete addicted to long-distance running? Tomorrow I am running into 6 different cities from where I live making it about 40 kilometers 1 way... (I find that my alone-ness and my lonliness makes me run more everyday and faster and just run... I find running my only friend... and I truly have no friends at all... I am very social, very known around the country I live - I may have many fans or associates... I study at a university but for some reason this no friends is a strange thing, is it my lifestyle? Wake up 3 am sleep by 7 pm? Is it my so many great dreams/goals I want to achieve? Is it my values? What is the matter I wonder... every female I meet turns out to be a cheater or some -mind-player game... I turned 21 in Oct... I believe I have so many qualities a female would ever want in a prospect partner... so what is this females who just play around with me? I feel alone and cry every night in my room before I sleep.. due to many reasons, especially thoughts of my x-wife... the only lady I touched physically in my 18 years of life... I just can't seem to erase these events... the thoughts keep haunting me daily... I feel happy everyday but very alone and lonely... because I am.. I guess I will run forever and keep running... and someone may come by?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I stay friends with my ex-girlfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 years+. We are in our mid-20's and have lived together for a long time. She has been planning on leaving for job training about an hour away from us, where she would be able to come home on the weekends. About 3 weeks ago she told me at dinner that we needed to be on...

Agree an ex girlfriend to be friends [ 10 Answers ]

Before my question, here is my story so that you would be aable to get the right imformation about the problem that I have.. My girlfriend and I had been together for almost 4 years already.. but under Circumstances, I am her first boyfriend so as expected, they tend to look for something...

Girlfriend wants a break to be friends [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everyone I've been reading some of the other threads on relationships and they have helped very much already and I hope I can get help with mine. My problem is that my now ex-girlfriend that I've been dating for about 2 3/4 years told me this past Sunday that she wanted to take a break for...

Who do I believe him or friends girlfriend? [ 9 Answers ]

I was seeing this guy but the other day his friends girlfriend told me that he has a girlfriend besides me. I asked him but he said no and ever since then I haven't heard from him. What should I do? Should I believe him or the friends girlfriend? I miss him so so much I can't stop thinking about...

How do I tell an ex-girlfriend I can't just be friends with her? [ 9 Answers ]

A girl I've recently broke up with repeatedly calls me. She wants to be friends but the fact that we share a bed on the odd occasion leaves me feeling confused. I don't think it would be wise to continue our relationship but the fact remains I can't just be friends with this girl because I love...

View more questions Search