Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suasn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Definition for Secondary diagnosis
    Can someone tell me the definition for secondary diagnosis?
    lucretiadavid Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2011, 05:32 PM
    The primary diagnosis is what put you in the hospital in the first place. All secondary diagnoses are those that may have contributed to the primary or may not have, but they are definitely conditions that must be dealt with in order to treat your total health.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2011, 02:35 PM

In regards to school or doctor office, (if that is what you are asking) a secondary LD is one that is there, and needs assistance, but the needs are not as dire or as needed as the primary.

For example, my daughters primary LD is reading comprehension/problem solving/prediction.
    Her secondary is material absorption. Because she CAN absorb the material, it is just difficult for her and she requires little intervention to do it. But at this point she seems incapable of reading part of a story, and understanding what happened, or coming to a conclusion of what might happen next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prostate diagnosis [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a needle biopsy of the prostate, my physician told me no cancer was detected, just benign enlargement. She also made the statement "that doesn't mean you don't have cancer" would someone please elaborate on what that means? Thks noboat

Diagnosis - diabetes [ 21 Answers ]

11352 Hi everyone, My baby girl ( age 8) just was diagnosed with diabetes. I am worried, sick and heartbroken for my baby girl. My husband and I just noticed that she was drinking a lot more water, and losing a little weight, She is a Maltese and was 10 pounds and now is 7.

Secondary diagnosis [ 2 Answers ]

I've been diagnosed as having a psychotic disorder not otherwise specified, with a secondary diagnosis of schizotypal personality disorder. Anyone know what secondary diagnosis mean ? Does that mean I've been diagnosed as having two mental illnesses ?

View more questions Search