Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 03:01 AM

Alty I'd like to think that I have been on the site for a while and have seen the 'general go' of it.

You are an inspiration, whether you know or accept that, because you have a good heart and open that to the people that need your help. In turn, you INSPIRE the rest of us to attempt to do the same.

I came on this site because, like many of the people here, I was hurting and did not know where I could turn for answers. I stayed because I am straight up, honest and have been through some stuff, as we all have in our lives. The experiences I have gone through have given me an insight into how we deal with pain and heartache and if I can help one person see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel then I'll be happy.

Now I might be guily of highjacking now but I think it is important that you know that you have inspired.
    Fallen4rmGrace Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2010, 05:19 PM

When I finally get into therapy, I might post my progress here. Once again, a big "Thank you!" to all who contributed to this thread.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 06:09 PM

Please do.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 06:42 PM

Glad you're getting help!

Mar 8, 2010, 01:38 PM

All right, Houston, we've run into a slight problem.

My friends from my former friend's apartment are now facebooking me and asking where I've been. I keep telling them that I've been working and hanging out with other friends. They want me to come over and hangout.

Knowing my former friend, he'll either be in his room or in the lobby. If he's in the lobby, he will see me coming into the building, and I don't know if he'll freak out upon seeing me.

What do I do? I don't want my other friends to get the impression that I'm ignoring them. I keep making up excuses as to why I haven't been visiting as frequently as I used to and I feel that they might start getting the impression that I no longer want to be bothered with them.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen4rmGrace View Post
    Alright, Houston, we've run into a slight problem.

My friends from my former friend's apartment are now facebooking me and asking where I've been. I keep telling them that I've been working and hanging out with other friends. They want me to come over and hangout.

Knowing my former friend, he'll either be in his room or in the lobby. If he's in the lobby, he will see me coming into the building, and I don't know if he'll freak out upon seeing me.

What do I do? I don't want my other friends to get the impression that I'm ignoring them. I keep making up excuses as to why I haven't been visiting as frequently as I used to and I feel that they might start getting the impression that I no longer want to be bothered with them.

STAY AWAY!! Don't go anywhere your ex friend may be. You are asking for trouble!:eek::eek:

You ask for imput I gave you mine . You disagree that's your option. I think you are going to do whatever makes you feel better and everyone else be damned
    You don't want to hear what is best for you and your friend, You want everyone to say it's okay. Sorry it's not! You committed sexual assault on someone who trusted you. You keep fanning the flames and the fire is going to get out of control. You are a selfish person. Leave the man with some dignity!

Tell your friends to come to your place. There's the solution!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 01:53 PM
    You must decide that for yourself.

How important is their friendship to you and what would be the possible outcome of a confrontation?

It's your choice.

Mar 9, 2010, 01:28 AM

Just a heads up on something I forgot to mention, my lease here expires in August and I'll be moving to the building where he stays as a continuation of my stay and employment.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 03:43 AM

Why is that necessary?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 05:57 AM

I think you do whatever it takes to stay out of this guys way. Friends can visit you, and is it really fair that your victim has to see your face every day, and relive what you did?

That's a disaster waiting to happen, and you better make other arrangements. Surely you see that, out of compassion, and remorse, if nothing else.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Have you ever given any thought to moving away? You think this guy is
    Going to forget what happened? NOT! You made the mess, you need to stay away cause there is no way you can clean it up! If your friends care about you ,let them come to your place. Why do you keep giving us these situations where you HAVE TO be around him?:confused:
    racquel58 Posts: 84, Reputation: 12

Mar 9, 2010, 06:27 AM

I agree Kitkat, This is a SERIOUS issue. NOTE: YOU COULD BE CHARGED! Sure, he PROBABLY Won't. But if you keep hanging around and using these excuses he may just do that! This is serious! I can't stress that enough! Get your friends to come to your house, relocate, find a new job etc. No excuse. Don't make this worse.

I originally felt a bit sorry for you. I have smoked and it doesn't agree with me at all. I have done 'crazy' things, though never anything this serious. Just more like hiding in a corner or getting paranoid and climbing fences. I know that everyone can react differently. BUt there isn't an excuse for this!

I know my thoughts on weed were STUPID and SCARY at times. Yet, you have to make sure you don't ever act on them. Never smoke it again.

Also, now I'm not sure sure that it was so 'accidental'. I mean, you are still not showing signs of remorse for his feelings! You still aren't taking REAL action

Mar 9, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by racquel58 View Post
    i agree Kitkat, This is a SERIOUS issue. NOTE: YOU COULD BE CHARGED! sure, he PROBABLY WONT. but if you keep hanging around and using these excuses he may just do that! this is serious! i can't stress that enough! Get your friends to come to your house, relocate, find a new job etc. No excuse. dont make this worse.

I originally felt a bit sorry for you. I have smoked and it doesnt agree with me at all. I have done 'crazy' things, though never anything this serious. Just more like hiding in a corner or getting paranoid and climbing fences. I know that everyone can react differently. BUt there isnt an excuse for this!

I know my thoughts on weed were STUPID and SCARY at times. yet, you have to make sure you dont ever act on them. Never smoke it again.

Also, now im not sure sure that it was so 'accidental'. i mean, you are still not showing signs of remorse for his feelings! you still arent taking REAL action
    Not having an actual job where I get paid, I just work for this company for free rent. I signed both leases in agreement with the company over a month ago, way before this incident ever happened. I can't just move to another building, even though I do want to, not without having any money to pay forward for a new place.

Understand, I am NOT trying to push myself closer to my former friend. If I were truly asking for trouble, I would have gone over to his apartment building by now. Whether you want to believe it or not, I am very much so considering his feelings as to what happened, as well as the outcome of what could happen should he ever see me on such short notice.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 11:34 AM

Marijuana doesn't hinder your judgement to the point where you can't hold back your impulses. However, it can cause you to be relaxed and act on your urges.

In your sub-conscience, you were probably planning this for months or maybe since the day you two broke the fling off...

What you did to your friend is inexcusable. You need to leave him alone and figure out if he feels its right in his mind to forgive you and leave everything in the past. Stop trying to convince him that your sorry. I think one sincere apology is more than acceptable, its up to him to want to accept it. Don't go being noble and turn yourself in. Quite honestly, even though I don't agree, it was a mistake. Just leave your friend alone. Let him get his head back on. If he feels that you are a valuable friend in his life, then he'll forgive you on his own terms.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 11:40 AM

Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 01:14 PM

Don't panic, I think you have until August, to try and get viable alternative lodgings, and it would start with maybe getting your new lease changed, since it has yet to be executed. Be aware that a reasonable explanation may be needed, but divulging the real reason, your act of insanity, needs to be kept between you and your victim.

Even alternative employment would be better than him having to see you everyday.

Your actions have consequences, sorry, and that limits your options and opportunities, but your not in jail, or a hospital, so count your blessings.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Don't panic, I think you have until August, to try and get viable alternative lodgings, and it would start with maybe getting your new lease changed, since it has yet to be executed. Be aware that a reasonable explanation may be needed, but divulging the real reason, your act of insanity, needs to be kept between you and your victim.

Even alternative employment would be better than him having to see you everyday.

Your actions have consequences, sorry, and that limits your options and opportunities, but your not in jail, or a hospital, so count your blessings.

I totally agree. But I believe he is going to come up with every excuse in the world. Some people WILL NOT take anyone's advice if they don't like what they hear. It just burns me up to think he committed a felony.

If I were the friend if he does come over, I would press charges. Enough is enough! I think a lot of us probably have drank alcohol or smoked a joint when we were young. You get over that when you grow up. Oh, by the way possession is also a crime. It didn't make me want to jump anyone's bones.

I just can't get over the fact it was taken so lightly! Apologies are futile for the guy.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 02:09 PM

I smoked pot on a regular basis, twenty or so years ago. And not once did I sodomize a sleeping female(I am male, and straight). So, stop blaming the weed. You tried to take something that you wanted, and got caught.

This is definitely a form of sexual assault, no matter how "moral" you may think you are.

This friend of yours has to deal with this situation in silence, because of the shame that you have forced upon him. And now you are asking how to explain to YOUR friends your absence? Give me a break!

How about telling them the truth? Either that, or stay away.

And read the site rules. "Disagree" is for factually incorrect answers. Not for simply being upset with someone who's trying to help you out of a mess that you've made for yourself.

Your sexual preference is your business. I will not judge you for that. But it is a touchy subject for many straight guys, and you have turned a friend into a victim.

You should stay away from this guy at all costs.

His feelings should be your highest concern.

Counseling is a good start.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 02:37 PM

What I don't understand about the whole thing is this; You hear about date rape every time you read the paper or turn on the news. Usually it is a female. I think in this case had it been a female he would be in jail.
    However the guy who was raped isn't pressing charges, because more than likely he's ashamed.

I think of all the silent victims male and female who have experienced this same thing and haven't spoken out because they are ashamed. They shouldn't be, it isn't their fault that there are perverts in the world. It isn't because he's gay that I say these things, that's between him and God. I feel sorry for the guy who's the victim.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 04:12 PM

The name of this thread is "Will I ever live this down?" Meaning YOU.

It should be " Will my friend ever forgive me?" or " Is my friend plotting revenge after I sexually assaulted him?"

Is it always all about you in your world?

Do you not feel remorse?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I live in ks. And live on soc sec. Can a credit card co get a judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I have two unsecured debts of $20,000 each. I live in Kansas and have only social security check for income. One creditor has filed a lawsuit, and one has threatened to get a lien against my home. The only assets I have are my home (with mortgage) and my auto (with a balance). A bankruptcy...

Opening live mail opens live messenger. [ 1 Answers ]

This is getting kind of annoying as it lags my PC... Everyime I log into my windows live mail/hotmail it opens windows live messenger, regardless whether I want to use it or not. Any ideas? I checked the Windows Live Messenger's settings but found nothing. Btw, I use IE 8 and I'm running...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 2 Answers ]

What are rules for filing

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search