Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 10:26 PM

I am centrist, close to Libertarian and Conservative right in the corner. I agree that the questions were somewhat designed and did not fit all my opinions/thoughts.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I am centrist, close to Libertarian and Conservative right in the corner. I agree that the questions were somewhat designed and did not fit all my opinions/thoughts.
    Had fun with it! Thanks Stringer
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:31 AM

I am not a bleeding heart liberal but if you saw me one the street you would think I am.

I drive a Honda Insight hybrid not cause I am concerned with global warming but because I drive a minimum of 52 miles a day and gas was killing me. Plus I was one of the first people to have it in America when it come out last year(I know a guy so I got mine early!! ). And it was less then $20,000 when it came out so it was in my price range.

I always have a reusable steel water bottle on me. Not cause I think plastic is evil it is actually cause I am lazy. My car fills up with water bottles and my wife freaks out on me.

I am a gun owner. I like guns I like going to the firing range. Although I wish there was a way to make gun laws stricter for people who get them illegally. Cause people like me and others on this site aren't the problem.

I don't vote straight down any party lines if someone has a good idea I vote for them.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I am not a bleeding heart liberal but if you saw me one the street you would think I am.

I drive a Honda Insight hybrid not cause I am concerned with global warming but because I drive a minimum of 52 miles a day and gas was killing me. Plus I was one of the first people to have it in America when it come out last year(i know a guy so I got mine early!!!!). And it was less then $20,000 when it came out so it was in my price range.

I always have a reusable steel water bottle on me. Not cause I think plastic is evil it is actually cause I am lazy. My car fills up with water bottles and my wife freaks out on me.

I am a gun owner. I like guns I like going to the firing range. Although I wish there was a way to make gun laws stricter for people who get them illegally. Cause people like me and others on this site aren't the problem.

I don't vote straight down any party lines if someone has a good idea I vote for them.
    I would love to own a hybrid.. Also my husband and I go to the firing range once in a while! I DO NOT believe in someone telling me I can't have a gun, because of thugs who kills someone. People who are intent on murder are going to get a gun somehow, even if they have to steal one. I don't think I have ever voted for someone simply because they are a Reublican or Democrat. I think America is the greatest country in the world, even with it's flaws. Spitvenom , want to sell that hybrid?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 12:00 PM

Sorry Kitkat that car has saved me so much money it isn't even funny. And not just on gas but on oil changes. When I bought it the dealer said look this car doesn't get an oil change every 3,000 miles it only needs it when this gauge gets to 15%. I will have the car a year at the end of this month and I only got the oil changed once!! And I get anywhere between 46 to 52 MPG depending on how fast I drive.

If you can look into the Honda Insight they have 2 models 1st model is 19,800 next model is 21,000
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Sorry Kitkat that car has saved me so much money it isn't even funny. And not just on gas but on oil changes. When I bought it the dealer said look this car doesn't get an oil change every 3,000 miles it only needs it when this gauge gets to 15%. I will have the car a year at the end of this month and I only got the oil changed once!!! and I get anywhere between 46 to 52 MPG depending on how fast I drive.

If you can look into the Honda Insight they have 2 models 1st model is 19,800 next model is 21,000

Thanks Spitvenom.. I hate to part with my older Nissan. Best car I have ever owned. My husband has a Chevy big truck.. gas hog.. he loves it. Your hybrid gets 46 to 52 MPg. That's is my type of car. Later...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 12:33 PM

Hate to give up my Subaru AWD Outback . But I am seriously looking at Honda so I will probably give the hybrid a test drive at least... But if I buy a Honda it will most likely be a CRV .
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:04 PM

It is a nice car but if you like to drive it is definitely not the car you want. The drive by wire is a little strange feeling. And the 0-60 is like 12 seconds or something like that. But I went from spending about 300 a month on gas to about 80 a month on gas. I like the CRV my mother in law has one. Honda is making a sports car hybrid called the CRZ it is a little strange looking but much faster then the Insight and the MPG ranges from 35-40.

CR-Z Hybrid Sports Coupe Concept - Official Honda Web Site
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:20 PM
    It is a nice car but if you like to drive it is definitely not the car you want. The drive by wire is a little strange feeling. and the 0-60 is like 12 seconds or something like that. But I went from spending about 300 a month on gas to about 80 a month on gas. I like the CRV my mother in law has one. Honda is making a sports car hybrid called the CRZ it is a little strange looking but much faster then the Insight and the MPG ranges from 35-40.

CR-Z Hybrid Sports Coupe Concept - Official Honda Web Site
    Saving money on gas would be worth it!
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:21 PM

I am not really a car guy but going from a V-6 to a hybrid took a little time to get use to.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:28 PM
    I am not really a car guy but going from a V-6 to a hybrid took a little time to get use to.

I had a Celica "75", reddish orange. 5 speed. Talk about feeling like you're 25 years old again. Gave the car to our oldest. He sold it years ago and bought a corvette. I nearly cried!
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post

Stringer, give us another poll!
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    I came across an interesting quiz.

Nolan Chart

I'm about halfway up the Libertarian arrow and a little right of center.

Catsmine.. Give us another poll to take! I asked Stringer too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I stand [ 4 Answers ]

Hi to all! I was wondering if anyone can tell me how yo find out if you are on ticka and how does it affect you?

What does m stand for [ 18 Answers ]

Could someone please explain this to me and tell me what the m stands for. I have no clue what to do here solve. 0.31=0.5m?:confused:

Where do I stand? [ 2 Answers ]

I sold my small plat to purchase the home that I am now living in. I gave my husband £30,000 for the deposit on the house. My husband won't put my name on the deeds. He says that because I am not in employment and also at the time I had county court judgment against my name. It is now 9 yrs now,...

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

Where do I stand? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site but my head is going crazy with thought an I need help pleasssse I met this guy about 2 weeks ago we have been on 3 dates which were all really good we have spoke everyday by phone or text but I felt like maybe I was always in touch with him first then read this article about...

View more questions Search