Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate the answer.
    Don't think you can get away with that! This is a discussion forum. State your opinion so we can shoot it down so you can shoot our rebuttal down.

NK, tell her(guessing) what an evil capitalist b*****d I am.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Used to be. There used to be liberal Republicans, too. Nowdays it seems like all they'll admit to is "moderate."
    This was a fun quiz. Could you find one that we could take to find out who was the worst President in the last fifty years? I have my own opinion but I don't want to start a riot!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 03:18 PM

The president issue is interesting. Most people will vote the worst as a president in their lifetime. What can get REALLY interesting is to point out who the BEST president was overall. Always neat to see how many people choose someone besides Lincoln, FDR, or Kennedy.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    The president issue is interesting. Most people will vote the worst as a president in their lifetime. What can get REALLY interesting is to point out who the BEST president was overall. Always neat to see how many people choose someone besides Lincoln, FDR, or Kennedy.
    One of the best and I can see a whole lot of jaws dropping.. Nixon. He knew his stuff when it came to being diplomatic with countries such as China... etc. He also helped in ending the Vietnam War. I don't think anyone is doing anything to end this one and that makes me think all politicians are the same, they will say anything to get into office and once they get there.. NADA. So Go Ahead, Let Me Have It!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 03:40 PM
    I have no idea what that means, sorry.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Don't think you can get away with that! This is a discussion forum. State your opinion so we can shoot it down so you can shoot our rebuttal down.

I am an independent, although I think John McCain should have been President. There are good things about the Democrats and the Republicans. Therefore I am a conservative independent. My husband is a Republican and so are most of the people in my family. After Bush, we were leery.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 04:31 PM

Actually--my jaw is dropping because I AGREE with you, Kitkat.

I really think that Nixon was a great president, especially regarding foreign policy.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 05:37 PM

I really think that Nixon was a great president, especially regarding foreign policy.
    His major drawback, which might be a good way to determine future candidates, was his lack of media presence. He was probably the least photogenic president of the 20th Century, and he hated the press.

2012, I'm supporting the ugliest guy on the ballot.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 05:53 PM

He was. The Watergate apisode is just a drop in the bucket when you look at the ones who came after.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 06:00 PM
    His major drawback, which might be a good way to determine future candidates, was his lack of media presence. He was probably the least photogenic president of the 20th Century, and he hated the press.
    'T LIKE n
    2012, I'm supporting the ugliest guy on the ballot.
    The media didn't like Nixon and I don't think he cared. I mean look now the media can make or break a president. He didn't care and I think that was his downfall. He lied which was wrong but show me one who hasn't? Okay Catsmine, who is going to be on the ballot?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 06:03 PM

Centrist. Must be my Canadian routes.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Nolan Chart

Centrist. Must be my Canadian routes.
    What is a Centrist?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 06:53 PM
    This was a very interesting survey. Most people who know me would probably tell you that I'm a bleeding heart liberal. I always thought of myself as a conservative Democrat. Yes, KitKat, we do exist! :)

This survey had me as a centrist but quite close to conservative!

Most of the questions didn't exactly depict my views. For a couple of them I actually had to choose the least inappropriate answer. It just goes to prove that you can elicit whatever answers you want with the right wording.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    This was a very interesting survey. Most people who know me would probably tell you that I'm a bleeding heart liberal. I always thought of myself as a conservative Democrat. Yes, KitKat, we do exist! :)

This survey had me as a centrist but quite close to conservative!

Most of the questions didn't exactly depict my views. For a couple of them I actually had to choose the least inappropriate answer. It just goes to prove that you can elicit whatever answers you want with the right wording.

Thanks LisaB... You're right some of the questions were like picking the lesser of the evils. I guess a conservative independent and a conservative Democrat are pretty much alike so we are on the same page... That's great!

I love your quote about the pig. My husband is still laughing. :D:D:D
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 08:03 PM

centrist - definition of centrist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 08:05 PM

For me it all depends on the issue. Some issues I might be right or conservative. There are some issues I might be liberal. I guess that is where the quiz had me at a complete centre centrist.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 08:06 PM

Thanks! I hate looking things up:D:D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 08:35 PM

Darn, I am a liberal centrist! And all this time I thought I was a Cowboy fan! Who would have thunk it.

Great diversion Catsmine. Can't wait to see what the wife really is, ( bossy)
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Darn, I am a liberal centrist! And all this time i thought I was a Cowboy fan! Who would have thunk it.

Great diversion Catsmine. Can't wait to see what the wife really is, ( bossy)

Oh my goodness... You are a Cowboy fan? Who would have thought! Me COLTS.. I love Peyton Manning. I love the Saints . Cowboys were great when Landry was the Coach. I was pretty young then, but my Dad loved them.

Saints... Sweeeeeet Super Bowl win! Cowboys are still a good team.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 10:03 PM

Tal we are together 99% of the time except with the Cowboys. Steelers and Bears, yeah I know... the Bears are actually the baby Bears. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I stand [ 4 Answers ]

Hi to all! I was wondering if anyone can tell me how yo find out if you are on ticka and how does it affect you?

What does m stand for [ 18 Answers ]

Could someone please explain this to me and tell me what the m stands for. I have no clue what to do here solve. 0.31=0.5m?:confused:

Where do I stand? [ 2 Answers ]

I sold my small plat to purchase the home that I am now living in. I gave my husband £30,000 for the deposit on the house. My husband won't put my name on the deeds. He says that because I am not in employment and also at the time I had county court judgment against my name. It is now 9 yrs now,...

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

Where do I stand? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site but my head is going crazy with thought an I need help pleasssse I met this guy about 2 weeks ago we have been on 3 dates which were all really good we have spoke everyday by phone or text but I felt like maybe I was always in touch with him first then read this article about...

View more questions Search