Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lil_Bit81430 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 10:13 AM
    No period and brown discharge?
    I am really confused. I'm not sure what is going on and I'm worried it could be something like a miscarriage. I'm not sure. Okay, here's what's going on. I'm 25. I have two kids. My birth control method is condoms. I expected my period 7 days ago and it never came. Not even a hot flash or cramp. Now today I have very light brown discharge. Normally for me, a missed period longer than a week is a red flag that I'm pregnant, but I have taken three test and all say negative. One early this morning with FMU just to make sure. And it was negative as well. I called my doc and spoke with nurse who blamed it on stress. But I'm not stressed. No more than usually. And I wasn't anticipating my period so that's not what put it off. What else could it be? I just knew I was pregnant, but three tests tell me different. Any ideas? Help. :(
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 26, 2006, 08:21 PM
    The brown discharge is due to the fluctuation in your hormones. This difference in hormones often symbolizes the lack of ovulation.

Pregnancy test are 99.8% accurate when used correctly. However, it is recommended to always confirm the results of a pregnancy test with your Doctor because home pregnancy tests are good in detecting the human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) hormone, but blood tests are more reliable.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. The Answer Spot, Period with brown blood and no red blood(Online: Oregon State University, 2006) Period with brown blood and no red blood : SHS AnswerSPOT, Oregon State University

2. Ann Linden, CNM, Home pregnancy tests(Online: Baby Center, 2006) BabyCenter -- Pregnancy Tests: Are home tests accurate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge before period! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! This is my first time on this site... but here is my question!. I'm 20 years old and sexually active. I usually have sex at least once a day, give or take a few, with my boyfriend. He was a virgin before me (that is certain). I am on birth control pills and I also usually use condoms just...

Brown discharge instead of bleeding during period [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period like a week ago but instead it has been brown discharge. Sometimes there will be a little blood but for the most part its brown discharge. What is going on and what can I do to help it?

Brown discharge and no period? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. It's about my period, or should I say my non-existent period. My last period was in May about 7 weeks ago (from the last day) and I'm about 3 weeks late. I've been late before, but this time it's different. A few days ago I thought I had gotten...

Brown discharge short period [ 11 Answers ]

OK so my last question was about brown discharge before my period while I was still on birthcontrol and what not... hopefully it will be near this one. But I thought when I was writing that I was starting my period so I wasn't quite as worried about it... but it actually seems that I had my period...

Brown discharge after period [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.I using birth control pills for 8months,I went for smear test was normal but I had vaginal infection,I used cream that doctor gave it to me for 2weeks each night lastmonth.but this month,I see during my ovulation I had brown discharge,I scared of infection again but I can say I'm so excited...

View more questions Search