Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rita_7yy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 10:01 AM
    How could I write a proper letter to a professor?
    [F]:confused:
    To whom it concerns

I am an international student who looks forward to applying for one of the American universities. In order to increase my success, I should contact my father's friend, a professor in a university. The professor cares much about a good writing, and I have to show him I have the ability to write well.

Iwould really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to write a proper letter to introduce myself and ask for help.

Your sincerely

Rita
    ramanamlv Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2006, 12:51 AM
    Hi...
    First try to draft it. If you think you need some help, maybe I can go through the draft and improve it.
    Of course, no fee is collected for this...
    I would like to help a student as a teacher.
    Ramana
    sandy200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Hi can u correct my letter to my professor?
    sandy200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Hi can u correct my letter to my professor?
    sandy200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 10:22 PM

Dear Professor:

My name is Sandy Bercasio, first of all I think it's better to start a little bit about me, I'm 21 years old and I graduated in kauai high school on may 2008 and I've been living here for 5 years now,and I'm going to be a freshmen of this university.when I was in high school I took an automotive class for one year,now that I decided to enrol in KCC I wanted to take an automotive mechanics class so that I can learn more about AMT and to look forward and think about my future, and I really do like this stuff and I am really interested taking this course so that I can learn more about AMT.but now I have a problem so maybe that you could help me professor to get in into AMT class,I had already took my placement test and I did really good on math50 but on my eng21 I got 40 but I need 56 to be qualified on eng21.Professor maybe that you could help me to get in into AMT class while I'm working on my eng21 to get more better.im hoping that you could help me.thank you for your time.

Sencerly
    Sandy
    BABYGIRL09 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 09:51 AM

Dear Professor,

I am a 21 year old graduate of the 2008 class of Kauai High School. After five years in this country, I have decided to continue my educational pursuits at KCC. I am interested in Auto Mechanics, before of previous experiences during high school. I look forward to learning and exploring the world of automechanics, however there are certain circumstances which may deter my aspirations. I sat Mathematics and English Language with a grade of 40 on the latter. However in order to advance, a grade of 56 is required. I was therefore asking that I be granted the privelage to do my placement test whilst being enrolled in the Automechanic program. I crave your understanding. I can assure you that your efforts will be invested into an individual clearly en route to academic excellence. Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Sandy Bercasio
    BABYGIRL09 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Oh cahnge "before of previous experiences" to "because of..."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper wire sizing? [ 3 Answers ]

We are re-routing the supply line to our pump house, where there is an extension panel with 30A 220V (pump controller) and 15A & 20A 110V breakers. It's about a 60' run from the 200A main service in the house, being placed in conduit 2' underground. The wire in place is newer 10 gauge solid copper....

How do I write a letter to customers about a price increase? [ 9 Answers ]

I own a landscaping business and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to change the price of regular lawn service price. Please help I don want to lose clients Respectfully legen

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

Proper venting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Experts, My son and I are doing the new DWV system for our house. I have a lot of experience in doing plumbing so I'm not a novice, but I do need to make sure I am doing the venting properly (I know the vent is just as important as the drain lines) as I haven't done anything quite this...

View more questions Search