Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Mar 1, 2010, 08:43 PM
    work=(force)(distance)
    OK I'm sure this is a simple question but for some reason I can't think of the process

I have w=fd and I need f=w/d can someone please help me understand the steps I take to get to the solution
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 08:47 PM

One way to think of it w=f*d

Is that you need f on one side, so you divide both sides by d;

w/d=f*d/d and d/d is just 1 providing d doesn't equal zero.

so w/d = f
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Mar 1, 2010, 08:50 PM

Thanks you I knew it was simple I always seem to try and get everything on the left side for some reason bad habbit thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registration in the state work force office. Application to work in Ireland [ 33 Answers ]

IS THIS A SCAM? Thank you for your email. Our team put a lot of efforts into finding this special job vacancy for You. We hope it will correspond in the best way to your qualification, Experience And abilities. The job gives you the perfect chance to grow and develop Professionally and to...

Registration in the state work force office. Application to work in Ireland [ 2 Answers ]

Your company was recommended to me as a provider of services for registration at the state work force office, in the category 'Foreign workers'. Could you please send me further information or proper documents (forms) which I should fill in, as I wish to obtain such registration through you. I...

Force, Work how to determine force without accelration [ 3 Answers ]

I know we're not supposed to post up the full question but I figured it would just be easier to explain it. A 350 kg piano slides 3.8 m down a 31 degrees incline and is kept from accelerating by a man who is pushing back on it parallel to the incline. The effective coefficient of kinetic friction...

Force distance [ 2 Answers ]

16. Samuel applies a horizontal force of 35.0 N to a sleigh over a distance of 1.50 m along a level surface. Calculate the work done on the sleigh by Samuel. W=35.0 n x 1.50m W=52.5 That's what I got, I was wondering what would the units be for it if any?

Physics Problems ! (work= Distance * Force) [ 2 Answers ]

A force of 825 N is needed to push a car across a lot. Two student push the car 35 m . How much work is done? After a rainstorm, the force needed to push the car doubled because the ground became soft . By what amount does the work done by the students change ?

View more questions Search