Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Shortcut not working correctly
    I have a shortcut on my desktop for Local Area Connection. I use this to connect/disconnect from the internet as needed. It was working fine a few days ago, but now it won't let me disable my connection. When I right-click on the icon it doesn't give me the option to disable. Even though it is connected it still shows 'enable' on the drop down menu. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 07:45 PM

Have you restarted your computer since?

What version of windows?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

Is this a windows shortcut or shortcut from router or anything else?

Have you considered a system restore back to the time before this was happening?
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2010, 08:32 PM

No restart.
    Xp pro.
    No changes that I'm aware of.
    Windows shortcut.
    I'll try the restart first then maybe a restore.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Heater not working correctly [ 3 Answers ]

After reading the guide I believe it may be overheating. The digital thermostat will go blank after running for 10 min or so and the display will turn back on in about 20min. The system is not able to keep the house over 60F. I don't think it has been cleaned in the 4 years I've lived there...

Tempstar furnace doesn't seem to be working correctly [ 3 Answers ]

I am completely ignorant about this subject, but here goes. The rental house we recently moved into is supposed to have a high efficiency central heat and air unit newly installed. The model # is FSM2x3000A, and is, I believe, a Tempstar. The vents blow cold air more often than warm and the...

4 way not working correctly [ 10 Answers ]

Purchased a house and the 4 way not working. Figured that someone miswired one of the switches and when I checked the boxes this is what I found. Box 1 at bottom of stairs has 14-3 and 12 -2 BX cable. Power into this box. What is confusing in this box is that someone attached a bare copper wire...

Furnace not working correctly [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace kicks on and off like everything is okay but it blows cold air. I took the cover off and it has an automatic pilot but it is not coming on. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search