Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilyanne5g Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Orange hair, help me please
    So I am a hair stylist, but I have not work with color for a long time. I work in great clips and we do not do color, so I am quite out of practice. I have had a level 5-6 on my hair for almost a year, and wanted to go back to my natural 7-8 ash. I went to get it done professionally and she used an alll over bleach and then used a demi permanent level 8 half ash half natural. Now my hair is ORANGE! I would like to know if there is anything I can do to get it toned down, it is super bright, and looks awefull with my skin tone. Im just trying to aviod spending another $150 in a salon! Help please
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 06:06 AM
    There are shampoos to get rid of brassiness in hair. I had a friend that used a shampoo that was purple. I don't remember the name of it. If you have a Sally's nearby I would check it out. You would definitely save money but it doesn't get rid of the orange/yellow right away. Could you try coloring it an ash based brown to neutralize the orange?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 12:50 PM

I wouldn't pay $150 to take care of the orange either, but I would return to the "professional" that colored your hair and have her correct it. She should have never allowed you to leave the salon like that.

An ethical beautician would want to fix it free of charge, as orange hair is just not good advertising for her/him!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Dyed hair last night & now I have pumpkin orange what can I do to get the orange out [ 4 Answers ]

Dyed my hair last night and now have pumpkin orange hair how can I get the orange out?

I have orange hair! [ 2 Answers ]

I went to new hair dressor I had never been to and told him I wanted my hair completely blonde. He bleached it, witch ruined my scalp , but the color was awesome, then put toner in it witch turned my beautifully blonde hair brown, then tried to fix it -n- turned it a yellowy/ orange color! What...

Orange Hair! [ 1 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter is a natural blonde. For the past year she has been dying her hair brown. Recently she put a temporary black on her hair and then stripped the color out and tried to put blonde back in. Her hair is orange. Is there anything she can do? I really can't afford to pay to go...

View more questions Search