Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Mar 1, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Vista guardian and registry
    Hello there I know that Vista guardian is a well known virus and after it somehow got onto my machine I did a restore to an earlier pint after removing everything I could find associated with the virus but now I cannot access any .exe files as if I try I get an error stating that:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the set association control panel.

Now this is with every .exe from word to pic viewer to internet and I cannot find how to tell it what to use for all of my .exe files.

All and any help on this would be a god send ow that's me dishing out more cash for a repair or if I cannot be bothered a new laptop.

Thanks in advance to all Mat
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 07:55 PM

I assume you are using vista?

File association fixes for Windows Vista

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a guardian for a child [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently become a guardian for my younger brother who is 13,the problem is I hve 2 children of my own who are 5 and 1.I live in a 3 bedroom house but am unsure whether he is allowed to share a room with either of them as he is a non sibling and a teenager,I live in a council house.doea...

Becoming a legal guardian [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend passed away a year ago and his estranged wife had left him a year before he passed abandoning there two children. After his passing I still kept in contact with the children. Currently his ex is living in a car and the children have been living with me for two months, is there anyway...

Guardian angels [ 12 Answers ]

I heard that you can sometimes see your guardian angel while you sleep if you say some words before you go to sleep, I was wondering: what are these words, and does it work?

Legal guardian! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very important qeustion!! I have a younger sister who lives with our legal mother, but she is having an extremely tough time! But does very well with me and my husband. Is it legal for us to take her and be her legal gardians, is there some kind of form we have to fill out would we be able...

Legal guardian after 18 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given permanent custody of one of my daughters friends who was a teenager. Now that she is 19 what is my legal relationship to her? Can she still list me as next of kin for medical issues.

View more questions Search