Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    safemike1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Can an owner of a company collect per diem
    As a business owner, I travel away from home for a couple of days at a time on a regular basis. Am I allowed to collect the per Diem listed in pub 1542 for my overnight travel, or can I collect only if I have travel expenses backed up by receipts?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 12:50 PM
    You can use the per diem amounts for Meal and Incidental Expenses, but the lodging costs must be what you actually spent on lodging as documented by receipts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I collect unemployment? (worked from home in CA for DC company) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I worked for my company for 5 years. It's based out of DC, and I worked in the DC office for 3 years... then I relocated to Boston for 1 year and worked out of my home there... then I moved to CA about a year ago and also have been working from home. I got laid off a week ago and I can't...

My company is taxing part my per diem [ 2 Answers ]

I am a truck driver my company pays us 100$ per night for food and hotel We get taxed on what we don't show recepts for and most nights we don't spend all of the money we are left with about 30$ left over. Can they do this to me.

The owner of the company I work for does not pay taxes [ 2 Answers ]

He does not have a workers compensation policy. Payroll checks are not taxes, but we do charge customers sales tax. I know I should be looking for a new job in case this company gets caught. He fired the accountant in June and no books or records have been kept since then. I want to claim...

View more questions Search