Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superbee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 08:09 AM
    1992 honda civic won't start, and has spark, and fuel. Can someone holp
    My brother's honda was running fine and just died with him. It will spin over but will not start, it has spark on every wire and fuel. I don't understand , can someone please help me with some wisdom. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 08:24 AM

If the CEL comes on and goes off normally, it sounds like the internal distributor sensors are shot. Since they are not serviceable, I would install a new genuine Honda distributor housing. It's fine to install an aftermarket ICM and coil in the housing to save money. Aftermarket housings, however, are not reliable. Here's how to replace the ICM and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

To save money, some prefer to go to salvage and buy a complete distributor. Here's how to replace the distributor:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post288473

Honda distributors tend to last 50,000 to 100,000 miles.
    superbee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 09:40 AM

Do you know if there is an test to be sure that it is the distributor. By the way, thanks for the advise. God bless
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 09:58 AM

Outside of taking it to Honda, and having them tie into the Data Link Connector, I don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 honda civic will not start and has no spark [ 6 Answers ]

My 1992 Honda civic turns over but will not start. I have pulled out a spark plug, grounded it and turned the engine over and no spark. I have checked the coil and it seems to be fine. Can you help?

1992 Honda Civic cranks but won't start. No spark! [ 11 Answers ]

My car died. It has no spark. I have changed the following parts to resolve this issue with no luck: Distributor(all internal parts are new)Coil, ICM, everything. ECM Main Relay I checked my MAP Sensor, and it is getting between 3 and 5 volts. I ran a jumper wire to get the codes out of my...

1992 Honda Civic won't start, no spark, lotsa $$ and time [ 20 Answers ]

BRAND NEW member here, I feel very lucky to have found this site and am hoping for some guidance! I've followed virtually every shred of advice I've read on this site in trying to fix a 92 Civic... checked and replaced the main relay (got new one at Honda dealer parts counter), the ECM (put in...

1992 Honda Civic DX no spark [ 6 Answers ]

I just found this site and it is great. I do have to say, you all are more then willing to help everyone. I just got a 1992 Honda civic DX, 1.5L Auto, 200K miles from a friend for nothing. It sat for two years but I was able to get it running and it ran good. After I changed the alternator,...

1990 honda civic gets fuel +spark runs fine when it starts but turn off won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 1990 honda civic ex 1.6 OK here goes sometimes it will start and run perfect no problems but it seems like when it gets hot or you drive for 30 minutes or so you turn it off and go back to start it and all it does is crank when it does this it is getting spark and gas I have replaced fuel...

View more questions Search