Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newbieone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 04:07 AM
    Diana Stalder Soap: How long to lather, and is keeping skin moist necessary?
    Hello,

I recently bought Diana Stalder Papaya Kojic Acid Soap and Black Soap (Arbutin) from SouthGain. Starting yesterday, my routine is: around midday, I wash my face with papaya kojic acid soap, let it sit for around seven minutes, and then wash it off and put on moisturizer; then at night I shower, using the papaya kojic acid soap and a loofah on my body, and black soap on my face, letting the soap sit for around five minutes, and after showering I put on moisturizer and body lotion as needed. The instructions say to keep on skin for 2-4 minutes, while other searches on the Internet range up to 10 minutes. I have several questions, but these are the main ones:

Is the lathering with a loofah part of the 2-4 minutes? Or do I scrub into a lather with the loofah and then let the soap lather just sit there for 2-4 minutes (or up to 10 minutes)? Should I be lathering for the whole time?

Even if I include the lathering as part of the 2-4 minutes, my skin dries by the time four minutes is up. This is especially true when I wash my face with the papaya kojic acid soap outside of the shower in a non-humid environment. My face, with the soap lather, dries in around two minutes. I figure that this makes it harder for the soap and the arbutin/kojic acid to be absorbed and reach down to the melanocytes, but I'm just asking to make sure. Do I have to keep my skin moist/wet for the full 4 (or 10) minutes, and if so, how do I do that? I currently wet my face thoroughly and then apply the soap immediately after.

I am a man, and therefore would tend to have thicker skin. Still, I have not yet seen peeling, although it has been around a week, washing two times a day. For the first two days, my face was washed with the papaya kojic acid soap, and I had it on for around half and hour (although my face dried within a few minutes). Shouldn't there be some peeling by now? I can keep the papaya kojic acid soap on my body indefinitely without stinging.

Finally, is it okay to use the black soap, and even the papaya kojic acid soap, on my eyelids and around my eyes if I can handle the stinging? Or does it promote wrinkles or something, which is why it is not recommended?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 1, 2010, 10:48 PM
    LOL!
    I'm loving the Sponsored Links to the Kojic Acid soap sold on eBay.
    That's cool, that's where I purchased mine a while back:)
    803momof2boyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 02:33 PM
    I also use the kojic acid soap and just recently started using the black soap as well. The kojic acid is definitely going to exfoliate your skin. Personally, I did not notice any visibly peeling. However, I noticed a brighter more even toned complexion. I have tried licorice soap and my skin responded well but not as much brightening. I just recently ran out of the kojic soap and my sister gave me a bar of the black soap(all products were purchased from Southgain as well) if you use it around your eyes, it can dry it out and cause temporary darkening(especially if you are a man of color) Be sure to wear an spf of at least 25 everyday and even around the eyes because the soap will still get in this area when you rinse. Good luck!
    803momof2boyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 02:33 PM
    I also use the kojic acid soap and just recently started using the black soap as well. The kojic acid is definitely going to exfoliate your skin. Personally, I did not notice any visibly peeling. However, I noticed a brighter more even toned complexion. I have tried licorice soap and my skin responded well but not as much brightening. I just recently ran out of the kojic soap and my sister gave me a bar of the black soap(all products were purchased from Southgain as well) if you use it around your eyes, it can dry it out and cause temporary darkening(especially if you are a man of color) Be sure to wear an spf of at least 25 everyday and even around the eyes because the soap will still get in this area when you rinse. Good luck!
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2010, 12:40 PM

Newbeione, I would think if you do not feel any stinging aroound your eyes, it may be okay. I mean, if you look on many products (mostly soap products) they never recommend washing around the eye area, but sometimes there's no way around that, it's a part of your face which needs cleansing as well.

Anyway, just read more into it.
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonComplexion View Post
    Newbeione, I would think if you do not feel any stinging aroound your eyes, it may be okay. I mean, if you look on many products (mostly soap products) they never recommend washing around the eye area, but sometimes there's no way around that, it's a part of your face which needs cleansing as well.

Anyway, just read more into it.
    I always wash around my eyes... ALWAYS!! :p
    suckurskin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 10:23 PM
    ****all of your skin colors dumbminds
    rosemarie982001 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 09:26 PM
    The products microexfoliates the skin. Sometimes the peeling is visible depending on the individual's skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meladerm + L-Glutamine + Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap [ 11 Answers ]

Meladerm + L-Glutamine + Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap Above formula is working like a rocket fuel for me. :eek: Have been using it for about 3 weeks. Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap purchased from southgain and AST L-Glutamine from bodybuilding.com (it is quite cheap). Take 1000 mg vitamin...

Can I use Diana Stalder Glutathione soap and the black soap together? [ 12 Answers ]

OK I'm trying to put a new regiment together for even but slightly lighter skin tone. This is what I have. Diana Stalder Glutathione soap Diana Stalder black soap Diana Stalder Kojic acid cream Glycolic cream 15% Moisturizer with SPF30

Diana Stalder - Black or Orange Soap [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Ive been doing some research on a few acne products and came across papaya soaps which eventually led me to Diana Stalder products... There 2 types of soaps that seem excellent to what I want to achieve, the orange and the black one.. so to the people who have been experimenting...

DIANA STALDER glutathione soap [ 19 Answers ]

OK you, Today I made my first step towards a whole new skin lightening quest... I JUST ORDERED THE GLUTATHIONE SOAP from diana stalder... im very excited but we shall see how it goes. As soon as I get it I am going to keep you updated as to the results. Hopefully it'll be good business, keep my...

Diana stalder skin lightening [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me about this melasma fading kit skin bleach treatment by diana stalder

View more questions Search