Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bodzio13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 03:26 AM
    20,000 wire transfer from europe , how to save on paying taxes on it ?
    20,000 wire transfer from europe , how to save on paying taxes on it ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 1, 2010, 03:51 AM
    If you are in USA you need to declare anything over $10,000 due to money laundering legislation.
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Mar 1, 2010, 06:49 AM

What is the nature of this transfer?
    Does it come from your overseas account? Is it a gift? What?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I buy a used car in GA and pay GA taxes without paying taxes in my home state [ 1 Answers ]

Can I buy a used car in GA and pay GA taxes without paying taxes in my home state?

Taxes on wire transfer in excess of $100K from India to US to self-any taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

My father is an Indian, acquired his green card due to the death of our mother in 2008, and is trying to wind up affairs in India... he wants to transfer his money from an Indian account to a US account. Does he need to declare his Indian income to the IRS, if yes, then above what level? If he...

How do you best transfer $200000 from Europe? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is the best way to transfer large amount of money from Europe to USA? The bank, wire, or websites that guarantee you great rates? I'm overwhelmed by the choices can anyone help me? Thanks, Aida PS. The currency is in DKK at the moment.

Transfer balance vs paying down [ 3 Answers ]

What, if any affect, will there be to my credit score by using a balance transfer(for lower interest rates), as opposed to simply paying the balance down normally?

Relocating back to Europe ~ how to file taxes next year [ 1 Answers ]

I will be moving back home to Austria in a few weeks and was wondering what the procedure is for me to file taxes next year (I was working until May 06). Can I do this from Europe? Is there any paperwork I need to fill out before I leave the country?

View more questions Search