Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boom135 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 02:44 AM
    91 toyota camry stall, won't start
    My 91 camry won't start, checked it and no spark. I replaced distributor assy (it was full of oil), ign coil & plug wires. It starts and I ran a road test, 2 miles after on the highway--it stalled. No start, no spark and I let it sit for half an hour then I try again, it fires back up. I replaced the igniter. It ran fine for all my afternoon errands. I drove to school for class and after being parked for over an hour, it won't start again. After several tries, it fired back up and got me home. It started fine the next day but I don't drive it anymore until it's fixed for good. Check engine light does not come on after car is started. Tried to get codes, but Check engine doesn't blink (jumped T & E1, in Neutral and operating temp). Is it an ECU problem?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 04:46 PM

If you went aftermarket on those parts, they're most likely still the problem. Very common with Honda and Toyota.
    Other common stall issues are coolant temp sensor and EGR valve sticking.
    automd Posts: 43, Reputation: -2

Mar 1, 2010, 11:06 PM

Maybe the ignition igniter is breaking down? If so, replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Camry Doesn't Always Start [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a '98 Camry and recently it started misbehaving. Sometimes it is just fine but twice now it has started up fine in the am then when he goes to leave work it won't start. It clicks on the initial key turn and subsequent trials to start it yield no result. But it takes a jump fine. ...

Toyota camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 98 Camry that won't start and I am trying to figure out what the problem. This is the situation: 1. I am a new driver, and I came outside to start my car after 7 days of not driving it in the cold 2. The car would do NOTHING at all. 3. I thought that it might be the...

My 1997 toyota camry won't start [ 3 Answers ]

The car died on me one day. It wasn't getting any fuel, so I changed the fuel pump. Now when it first starts cranking it tries to start then nothing. Still acts like it is not getting enough fuel. I can hear the pump prime and stop and it did when the car was new. What's wrong with my car? Do...

1993 V6 Toyota Camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought this car not running. It turns over fine, has fuel pressure if I jump B and FP at the diagnostic plug, has spark, has correct timing of cams and distributor, has voltage to the injectors, but I think it isn't getting the signal (pulsed ground) from the computer to tell the injectors...

1990 Toyota Camry (wont start) [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Camery won't start! Ive had the battery checked and just put in a new starter because it tested bad. When I turn the key all the lights come on on the dash. It's a 5 speed and runs great if I get a push and start it that way. I'm not sure how to check the ingnition, but was told that it...

View more questions Search