Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jheep Posts: 31, Reputation: 14

Oct 4, 2010, 04:49 AM
    In M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Traveled, he said that romantic feelings have been high wired in our brains to make us want to have intimate relationships in order to hoodwink or trap us into marriage, thereby ensuring the propagation of the human species. This makes sense to me. Other than that and once you have seriously thought about it, I don't think it's necessary. At least it's not for everyone, that much I can say.
    poggward Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 12:22 AM
    I think that people need the relationship and in general the rewards show themselves in different ways at different times. Like at first you don't see anything wrong with the other person and they see nothing wrong with you. And eventually you have them around while you get through something difficult. And you talk about things, and surprise each other. I've spent large periods of my life single, and yet I didn't realize it but I was unhappy until I met my girlfriend. It took a while, but I've become quite attached to her and I wouldn't want to be single again.
    manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Nov 2, 2010, 09:32 PM

I think it all depends on what your calling is in life to whatever you think and feel is going to make your life look back as something you did to make you happy or make a difference. For some it's having a family and building one to make it work, some it's businesses "build it and they will come", some it's running off to the woods "be one with nature", what desires we have fills the pocket of emptiness that we think will make life more fulfilling... if only I had this... I would be... If I did this... It's going to make me this... In the end it all starts with an idea and the mere focus of what you set your eyes on your mind starts to create and look for it to happen. Self-control be helpful at this point to process a more smart way of achieving what we really want for ourselves. Sad though most of us are losing the lack of patience to wait for a good thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How important is sex in a relationship? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm a virgin. My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for a year. Why on and off you ask, or maybe you don't, but I will briefly explain why. He had feelings for me for 9 months and I told him I wasn't ready for a relationship, but as soon as he started seeing someone else, my jealous inner...

What is important in relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years to a wonderful man.One day I was on a chat line talking to another guy and then started talking to this guy on the phone.I told my husband that I was going to leave him for this other guy.:confused: 6 months my husband sleeped with my sister.So I thought that I...

How important is sex to a relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost a year now. We live together, and things between us are wonderful. We make each other laugh, constantly, and enjoy a lot of the same things. We are very open when things are bothering us, and communicate beautifully. There is a perfect balance of give...

Important weekend for my relationship with my girlfriend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I never thought I would be doing this, but I'm kind of stuck in a situation and thought this might me the best unbiased opinion other than the usual friends and parents opinion. I have an important weekend coming up that has kind of sprung up on me. I have been with my girlfriend...

View more questions Search