Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 04:24 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Well, scabs are to be removed this coming week.

I wonder what will be involved with that? Every day, it looks a little worse. I know that it's healing, but I'm having to explain to customers of mine what's happening with my nose.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    You could always say that one customer wouldn't pay up, and he got the worst of it,, lol
    Well, you're right about that, KBC! :p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 04:29 AM
    Most of the scabs were taken off yesterday, except for the really big one, right by my eye. I'm having trouble putting up with the stiffness and not having any feeling where the skin graft is.

The non-feeling of anything is something that really bothers me. I know that the feeling of stiffness will go away.

Any tips on mental attitude towards such a thing?

It's so nice not to have the itchiness and pain of the cancerous tissue gone, though!

Thanks!
    isabella_94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2013, 09:05 PM
    Hi there!
    My sister is a burn victom and had to get her back and neck skin grafted, it has taken almost two years to "blend" in to be the same color, it is a bit of a pinkish color, and the holes and roughness you have won't go away or smooth over it will always be that way! However its not totally a bad thing it's a great reminder of how strong you were and how lucky as well :)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 24, 2013, 08:16 AM
    Considering this was three years ago, chances are the graft has been done and healed several times over. Please pay attention to the date of the last post and not resurrect old threads whose posters are long gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to expect [ 14 Answers ]

Hello ladies. My daughter went to the dentist yesterday. Not her first time. But the first time she turned up with cavitys. Of course I got worried, but he assured me its common in children and nothing to worrie about. Its only 2. one of them is small. However the other one is very deep, almost...

How long for bone graft to heal? [ 8 Answers ]

At the beginning of April, I had a tooth extracted and a bone graft done, so that I can have an implant done later in the year. Now, the gum has healed up well, the stitches are out, but it is still sore when you press on it, and I feel as if there is less there than around it. Will the bone...

Looking for a filet crochet graft [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a graft of a tapestry with lions,trees knights a little of everything tanks so much

Femoral graft for dialysis [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pro and con's on having a ptfe graft inserted in the thigh area, it's to be used for heamodialysis, for my wife. She has already had 2 failed fistula's and they say that there is no further access in her upper limbs, so currently on a tunneled neck line. Thanks Kevin

View more questions Search