Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satish.g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 10:04 PM
    Passport notarization for w-7 form
    Hi,

This is regarding notarization of the passport for ITIN,We are currently in Bangalore,India(outside US),During the financial year 2009 we were in US .Now I want to apply for ITIN for my spouse.Is there any organization or consultancy who can help me in getting notarization of the spouse passport.

I need one more clarification:
    As US embassy is not operating at bangalore city,near by US embassy is available at Chennai do we need to visit the same and get it done or is there any other alternative

Please suggest,quicker response will be appreciable.

Regards
    Satish Kumar .G
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Mar 1, 2010, 06:55 AM

Consulates are no longer allowed to certify foreign documents.
    The passport must be certified at the agency that issued the passport.

Use the "Apostille" attached as the certification form.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf apostille[1].pdf (31.4 KB, 333 views)
    US_ITIN Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
    Hi,
    Can you share you experience in getting the notary from chennai consulate, I am in the same boat now.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
    Get the copy of passport notarized from any notary. Take original passport and notarized copy to the office of Ministry of External Affairs. They will stamp the notarized copy and issue a certificate, which is referred here as "Apostille."
    meetbalaji Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Hi ,

I am also looking for the same information .I need to apply for ITIN for my parents. I am currently in Chennai , India.

Can some one help me to provide information. Thanks in advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport Notarization for ITIN [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am applying for an ITIN for my wife who is on H-4. I am sending a W-4 form along with my tax returns. I like in IL. The W-7 form needs a notarized or certified Passport photocopies, but I am unable to find a single notary who can certify / notarize her passport photocopies. I have...

Passport Notarization query [ 3 Answers ]

HI, My husband is working in US on H1B visa and have the valid SSN. Me and My 1 year old baby are on H4 Visa. We came to USA in Jan 2009 and going back to India in Sep 2009. Let me know whether we need the passport notarization for the purpose for filling the tax return jointly from india. ...

Portuguese passport form [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get application form for passport

My ex husband won't sign passport consent form [ 2 Answers ]

I have two teenage daughters, one being of legal age to obtain a passport and the other is not. My ex and I communicate only through email and I have emailed him several times of a planned vacation overseas next summer requesting a letter of consent for the youngest who is 15. My daughters have...

Portuguese passport Application Form [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to obtain a passport application form, electronically, without having to visit the embabsy in London? I have a portuguese passort and need to apply for one for my spouse.

View more questions Search