Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patriciabutterworth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Freezing bank accounts
    10 years ago my wife and I separated. I had my own bank account for my pension. Her name was on the account. She knew about the account. She never paid any money in. I have used this account for 10 years, mainly where I put my pension in. We are soon getting divorced. Now she has frozen this account and says that she wants half of the money that was in 10 years ago, at the time of our separation. She has never put anything in this account or taken anything out. Her name was put on just in case she ever needed any cash. What can I do
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 10:06 AM

How did she freeze this account if it is in both of your names ?

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezing bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I have to appear in court tomorrow for an old credit card debt. I am 60 years old - retired and disabled (that is our only money) married - husband 60 years old not working and no paycheck in about 5 years. Bank accounts are joint accounts. I am going to go to trial. I am told that they...

I was recently called and told that I was being pursued for an old credit card debt. They did not have my forwarding address, therefore, I have not been served. There is currently no judgement against me. I was injured on my job and am currently not working due to physical therapy with workman's...

Freezing bank accounts [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question,me and my husband went to go to our bank and our account was froze due to a loan at a loan place,we had no court appearance,or no letter ,employer wasn't contacted they have left us no money to live on,for my family I live in Indiana ,what are my rights as far as getting money for...

I received a judgement against someone for 10,000. Am I able to send bank suponeas to various banks and freeze several accounts at once since I am unaware of the account balances. I.e. what if one account at bank 1 has an account with 15,000 and bank 2 notifies me of an account with 20,000. Are...

Freezing Bank Accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, When freezing a bank acount is it legal to freeze joint bank accounts in NY State?

View more questions Search