Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inksmith Printing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 07:32 PM
    Dog liver infection
    My dog has been diagnosed with an inflamed liver... might be an infection or some kind of toxin reactions... What can anyone tell me about this?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Sorry nobody has answered. We have people that could give a better answer than I could. Might do a web search. I could do one and sound like I know more than I do, but you are better off doing you own search.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Dec 2, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    Sorry nobody has answered. We have people that could give a better answer than I could. Might do a web search. I could do one and sound like I know more than I do, but you are better off doing you own search.
    Great answer. Hope they take your recommendation and do a search.
    badams007 Posts: 106, Reputation: 12

Dec 8, 2006, 07:57 AM
    A lot will depend on what the source is - basically the need is to worry if its from some kind of disease and can be expecvted to continue.

Impaired liver function is rough on a dog, and you'll need to consider supportive treatment - which I'm sure your vet will tell you - usually at least some diet changes.

Good luck - sorry I haven't been around much

-Beth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Causes of elevated liver enzymes in a 15 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am 15 years old and weigh about 130 lbs. I was recently prescribed by my dermatologist to get the acne drug "accutane". However, when I went to have my blood tested they would not give me the drug because my liver enzyme levels were elevated. Not sure what these mean, but he has circled...

Liver Lesion [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 21 yr-old female. About a month ago I had a laparoscopic surgery, taking out a dermoid cyst. Before the surgery I had a CT scan for the purpose of examing the cyst. However, the report indicated that there is a leision to the liver as well. Specifically, "A tiny low attenuation lesion...

Dog with a liver infection who won't eat [ 11 Answers ]

HELP- my dog has a liver infection- she is on antibiotics- the vet let her come home because she wouldn't eat. Now that she is home she just smells the food and turns away. I gave her ensure with baby rice cereal through a syringe because she wouldn't eat on her own. She now has eaten grass and...

Liver cancer- any helpful info welcome! [ 209 Answers ]

Both my mother and my sister have heptitis C. Now my sister been diaganosed with liver cancer. What suggested treatment for my sister? And sugested prvention for my mother. Thanks in advance for all input.

Incision Infection in Spayed Dog [ 1 Answers ]

My doxie-terrier pups were spade on Monday and have for the most part been recovering normally. Abby pulled out a couple of stitches Tuesday night, but the vet didn't seem overly concerned about it and assured us that her incision would heal normally. He also gave us Elizabethan collars for both...

View more questions Search