Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lajeff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 12:19 AM
    Ask a mechanical engineer
    I have a hobby of making coin rings by tapping a silver coin around its circumference edge with a small hammer while I turn the coin on top of an anvil to flatten the edge until it reaches a desired width and diameter. Then I cut the center out and polish it. I need advice or an idea to make this lengthy process faster. What is the best plan to make a device to secure the coin, rotate it slowly while tapping it evenly and also keeping it firmly compressed against an anvil like surface? Ideas of this nature or different ideas or plans are welcomed. Thanks much

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a mechanical engineer a question [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 wheels and on each I have an 18 tooth sprocket run with a 40 chain. Each wheel and sprocket is connected to a main drive shaft with an 18 tooth double sprocket on it. The sprockets on each wheel are linked to the main drive shaft by a single strand ANSI 40 roller chain. One wheel is...

How to get a license as marine engineer for third engineer in U.S.A. Or U.K [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a student in South Korea and I also have Third engineer license for working on a merchant ship in Korea. But I want get a license in U.S.A or U.K. So could you tell me what I have to do for this. I want work in a U.S.A company or U.K one having a license which I will get a...

Marine engineer license for a second engineer [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madom What is the Prossure in uptaining an second marine engineer license ,

Mechanical & Electrical Engineer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a assignment but don't know where to find the info. Anybody know please tell me, TQ! For each of the above professions, find out the following: (*the professions I have choose is 'Mechanical & Electrical Engineer') 1. A brief history, background and development of the profession in...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.