Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kabm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Tempstar 5000 high efficiency furnace
    I have a tempstar 5000 high efficiency furnace and the burners ignite and the heat goes on but it is getting hot and the rollout switch is shutting the furnace off and the fan continues to blow until you reset the switch. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this. I have had numerous HVAC persons look at it and they haven't been able to figure out what is the matter. One person lowered the gas pressure to 2.5 and it worked then. The fan shut off after reaching the temperature it was set at. The factory recommended pressure is 3.5. Will lowering the pressure cause problems even though it fixes the problem where the switch doesn't shut the furnace down and keep the fan running or is there some other component of the furnace that is causing this problem. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 08:47 AM
    You have a air movement problem. Make sure all registers are open and the filter is clean with no obstruction on the return air side. It is possible they need to increase the fan speed to compensate for the ductwork that is to small.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tempstar high efficiency 5000 not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I have about a 1998 tempstar and the air conditioner just quiet. The furnace still circulates the air but it is not cool. The top discharge fan on the unit is not running it still spins if you spin it by hand. There is a electrical hum coming from some where in side the unit can't pin point where...

Heil 5000 High Efficiency air-conditioner will not cool. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Florida summers at 95-degrees are terrible, especially when your air-conditioner stops working in the middle of it. :mad: Here are the symptoms: - It's connected to a gas line. The heat works well, but when the cooling is turned on it blows out room-temperature air. - The fan on...

Tempstar High Efficiency 5000 What are # of tons replacement recommendations [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "Tempstar High Efficiency 5000" outdoor air conditioner with a tower in the attic, this is a 1993 model that has had a number of service issues. I am planning on replacing the unit Question 1: How many Tons is this unit I can not tell by reading info on the back? I have tried to...

High Efficiency 5000 not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a high efficiency 5000 central air conditioning unit that is not cooling, it is running but the air is not cool. It is model CA5536UKA1 serial LP31232822 Date of unit 3/1993. Could someone tell me what to look for or if it is low on freon.

High efficiency 5000 heat pump Tempstar [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if anyone out there would have any idea where I could get a wiring diaghram for a Tempstar Heat pump Called High Efficiency 5000. I believe this is a older model, and there are many out since this one. But the unit is good and I would like to use it. Any suggestions??

View more questions Search